Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Helper Service Error..Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The "Skin Helper Service Error" has been popping up quite frequently upon startup & other random times. Some shortcut thumbs are missing from home menu & I am unable to re-add them. This seems like it started happening out of nowhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/raw/bVDpQZKi

I did a search and found instructions to download the skin helper serv zip file and reinstall which I did, but it didnt work.
Sorry to bump but I cannot seem to fix this. Did a Google search & came across 3 or 4 different fixes but none of them worked. Can anyone please help?
Patience is the path to power, I've had an update to-day and it's clear the add-on hasn't been abandoned, there's a thread to stay on top of these developments.
(2017-03-31, 06:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Patience is the path to power, I've had an update to-day and it's clear the add-on hasn't been abandoned, there's a thread to stay on to of these developments.

Thanks
(2017-03-29, 04:44)jz1276 Wrote: [ -> ]The "Skin Helper Service Error" has been popping up quite frequently upon startup & other random times. Some shortcut thumbs are missing from home menu & I am unable to re-add them. This seems like it started happening out of nowhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/raw/bVDpQZKi

I did a search and found instructions to download the skin helper serv zip file and reinstall which I did, but it didnt work.

Jz1276,

Not a FULL debug long. Oh BTW you forgot to hide the reference to banned 1channel addon.

Wyrm
This issue was fixed, right ?
(2017-04-24, 00:49)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]This issue was fixed, right ?

just started receiving this now (like 5 mins ago)
(2017-04-24, 09:48)mvpblaze Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean you're getting errors now? If so, please provide your Kodi log file to me to I can have a look.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(2017-04-24, 09:59)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean you're getting errors now? If so, please provide your Kodi log file to me to I can have a look.

won't be back for another day so i'll have to wait. i know for sure every time i opened the menu it popped up
(2017-04-24, 09:59)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

just got back and it updated. no more skin helper errors
Here is how to resolve the error message:
In Kodi, open "My add-ons" (usually through the System menu).
Go to "Context Menus".  There you will see "Skin Helper Service".
Press the Option button on your remote (or right click it with your mouse) and then choose "Information".
Click "Update" and choose the source with the highest version number.  If it fails, try it again by selecting a different source.

Thats it !  Show is over.  Stage left !  Enjoy a world without an annoying message popping up !
I have the same problem since I installed the rapier skin on my Kodi 18RC.

Log is here https://paste.kodi.tv/ditewuxuho

Thanks,
Joel
BTW, I tried to update the service, but was the latest I guess.. 1.1.3
Also, if that could help, the "in progress" still work in movies but not in TV shows anymore... Compare to what it was in Kodi 17.6.

Can we fix that too?
Pages: 1 2