Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Marking multiple movies as watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The upgrade of my Windows HTPC from 14.2 to 17.1 went really well. But then I performed a clean library after which a bunch of films I had marked as watched were now unwatched. My unwatched count increased by almost two hundred. So I view my collection by unwatched to find the titles that shouldn't be there, find one and mark it as watched. Then it jumps back to the beginning of the list. So I have to scroll all the way through my library to the place I left off to mark the next one. And do it all over again. Two hundred times.

I believe the last time I had to mark movies as watched it just jumped to the next unwatched movie (you know, in case I wanted to mark that one as watched also) Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to mark multiple movies as watched?

Thanks
There's a bit of a bug in Kodi that has yet to be addressed, in settings>player>video>play next video automatically which makes the directory pointer redraw and set the pointer at top of the file list (disable this and the file pointer should remain in the same spot). Using the keybaord W will toggle the watched status, you can also change the watched status of and entire folder in one shot.
I'm having a similar but different issue with TV episodes. the W selects multipes (either watched or unwatched) did you see my threat below
(2017-03-31, 18:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]There's a bit of a bug in Kodi that has yet to be addressed, in settings>player>video>play next video automatically which makes the directory pointer redraw and set the pointer at top of the file list (disable this and the file pointer should remain in the same spot). Using the keybaord W will toggle the watched status, you can also change the watched status of and entire folder in one shot.
 Seems like this is still a bug in 17.6 and furthermore the above described workaround doesn't fix it.  It's a real pain when going through an trying to mark hundreds of movies as watched. Sad

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix or a different workaround?
(2017-12-31, 00:05)purplehaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-31, 18:04)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]There's a bit of a bug in Kodi that has yet to be addressed, in settings>player>video>play next video automatically which makes the directory pointer redraw and set the pointer at top of the file list (disable this and the file pointer should remain in the same spot). Using the keybaord W will toggle the watched status, you can also change the watched status of and entire folder in one shot.
 Seems like this is still a bug in 17.6 and furthermore the above described workaround doesn't fix it.  It's a real pain when going through an trying to mark hundreds of movies as watched. Sad

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix or a different workaround? 
Nevermind, it works if you are viewing all movies but as soon as you change the view to either only watched or only unwatched then it hops back to the front as soon as you mark one watched.
Came here looking for a fix to this annoying issue too. I don't want to have to view "all videos" to stop being sent all the way back to the beginning of the list every time I mark something as watched. With a large library that's even worse than having to go through my unwatched items again. 
It's a shame that this still hasn't been addressed. Does anyone know if it's still an issue in Leia?
It is a known issue and, as far as I know, there is no fix. It seems to only affect certain installations across all platforms. It is not a problem on my two windows installs here.

One workaround has been to disable Play next video automatically... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Videos#Actions

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16690
(2018-07-19, 01:57)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It is a known issue and, as far as I know, there is no fix. It seems to only affect certain installations across all platforms. It is not a problem on my two windows installs here.

One workaround has been to disable Play next video automatically... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Videos#Actions

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16690
 That's too bad. I was hoping it'd be fixed in Leia. 
I checked my "play next video automatically" setting and it was already disabled, so that didn't help in my situation unfortunately. Thanks anyway.