Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Re-Complete Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Until Version16, Kodi displayed the following details when showning media info:
- Filename including Path
- Origininal Title
This info is gone with Krypton. Both is crucial to me and maybe others. Please re-add it on every info display.

Additionally, another valuable information could be displayed. When using stubs for DVD's and such, one can add information to be displayed (in the stub xml) when selecting the stub for run. However, this info is not displayed when the kodi box does not have a drive by itself. The message, that the movie cannot be displayed ist of course important. However, it would be valuable when the info from the stub would be displayd anyhow, since it would allow to find the correct disc and put it into the separate player box (for example a bluray player attached to the tv.

Thanks
pmus
(2017-03-30, 12:08)pmus Wrote: [ -> ]This info is gone with Krypton.
No, it's not gone completely, but to see it you need to press the "information" button on the file for which you want to see its filename and path. (it was taken out, but it was put back in for those of us who asked for that to happen)
Thanks for the hint, but I'm not getting it. . I didn't see such a button on the movie info page. I'm feeling that I did not make myself clear enough. On any overview page like wall or list, I can get the movie info page (by context menu or "i"). There I see an "extended info" button, since I installed the addon. Pressing this button gets me an error "could not find valid content type", although the extended info works fine for actors. On the info page there is a list of info like director, country of origin, genre and so on. This is the place, where I miss the original title. It is not there although it is in the database.

I found out that I can get the file info by selecting the update button. I see the filename at the bottom then. This needs an additional action, but ok. However: I don't get the original movie title.
(2017-03-30, 16:32)pmus Wrote: [ -> ]However: I don't get the original movie title.
Sorry, I don't know about that, I don't use that add-on.
(2017-03-31, 03:14)bilgepump Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-30, 16:32)pmus Wrote: [ -> ]However: I don't get the original movie title.
Sorry, I don't know about that, I don't use that add-on.
Are you Sure? You have to when you make full use of estuary. Select an Actor on the movie info pane and press "up". Kodi then insists on installing this addon, and the walkthrough movie about estuary on kodi.tv says this is part of estuary. But anyhow: The malfunction of the addon is not good, but not really my problem.

My Problem is the fact, that the information about the original film title (which is present in the kodi database) has been removed from any display and I don't know of any way to get to this information, although it is crucial when you use kodi in another language.
(2017-03-31, 10:41)pmus Wrote: [ -> ]You have to when you make full use of estuary.
I'm not using estuary, and I never look up any extra information about movies. If I've bought the dvd, I know who's in it and what it's about so I really don't need to. I'm also only using english language. Sorry I can't help further. Someone else might come along with an answer for you.
I See. So this post remains what it is: A proposition for the developpers of kodi - To Re-Complete in the default skin of kodi the things that got lost. Should not be too complicated, since adding a list item in the movie info page should do the trick.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
pmus
what is important and necessary really depends on the person using Kodi and it's usecase. We can't please everybody. But being open source, everybody can adjust Kodi to his personal needs. If you liked the info available in Confluence more, you can still install Confluence and have everything back how it used to be.