Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to install Kodi 16.1 on Sony Bravia Sony Bravia KDL-W800C Smart TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-W800C smart tv. I was running Kodi 16.1 Jarvis for the past year until the software decided to upgrade itself to Krypton a few weeks ago. Ever since then I've had nothing but problems for certain add-ons like TV Ontario Kids which is part of the default Kodi repository.

I would like to roll back to 16.1 if possible but only 17.1 is available through the Play Store.

I downloaded kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk and copied it to a USB stick. I used EZ File Manager to open and install the apk but it gives me a parsing error message.

I can confirm that unknown sources is turned on.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance!
did you remove v17 before that?
Q. I cannot install Kodi Krypton Jarvis on my Android device ?

Q. I need to Uninstall Kodi ?
Clear Data and Clear Cache's may be needed too if you want a completely clean Kodi again.
Generic touchscreen Android > In Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded Apps > Kodi > Uninstall

Android TV > simply Long press the big OK button over the offending Kodi App and move to the Trash Can.

REMEMBER to Disable Google Playstore Autoupdating.

Also BIG HINT - do not use ES File Explorer - it will cause all sorts of problems on Android TV devices. Download from the Playstore, the X-Plore App and use that.
You have been warned !

OR Simply use the preferred for Android - SPMC 16.6.0 (Kodi Jarvis) - install from Playstore.
This can be used along side Kodi Jarvis / Krypton - the two Apps do not interact.