Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best Android box??( another noob)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as the days go by these things become more and more popular and everyone wants one.....
I only use the Kodi programs and when I buy the boxes I re program and put in Kodi add-ons only,
I get they come from china but dam they are getting expensive... What are the best boxes and how much should a guy be paying for them?

might be a stupid question but stupid is as stupid does....RoflBig GrinTongue

cheers
Loudguy
I have a matricom g-box, its been pretty reliable and was fairly inexpensive a couple years ago. $100 on amazon, it came preloaded with kodi but still had to set it up.

Sent from my SM-G900P
I no longer recommend cheap Android Marshmallow boxes if you are a demanding Kodi user - especially if using Kodi Krypton.
If using Kodi only you are far better off buying an AMLogic S905(x) device and running LibreELEC Kodi on it using a Wireless remote.

The best Android Kodi boxes are the ones that get actual bug busting Firmware updates - this does not comes from dirt cheap, small time Chinese Android sellers. These guys are "Ship and Forget" - take your money and run.

Honestly unless you needed the full monty selection of touchscreen Android Apps - you are far better off buying a Firmware supported $69 Xiaomi Mi Box.

This gives you stuff cheap Android does not comes with like:

- A Kick Ass - Wireless Voice Remote
- Far superior AC WiFi
- Dead simple Android TV graphic user interface - far easier to use Apps.
- Proper Kodi Krypton Audio passthrough support
- SPMC (Kodi Jarvis) voice search of your media library.
- You can actually stream Netflix and other DRM copy protected Apps in HD/4K
- Bug Busting Firmware updates from a very well resourced Billion dollar Android phone company.
- And - a Android Nougat OS upgrade that will be coming as a Firmware update very soon. (currently in final testing phase)

Small time cheap Android sellers frankly don't stand a chance.

I will repeat again ongoing - proper bug busting - Firmware support is the number one priority with any Android Box.

And don't get suckered into buying a very buggy Firmware - cheap AMLogic S912 box. Worst Kodi box on the market.
All of the S912's have 1080p color output issues.