Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no maintenance anymore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nickr

KCleaner is a program addon by DaLanik, it really cleans up Kodi memory.

I think it should be added to kodi official program addons.

No expert just my oponion.
Thank you @rocko, I have been educated today.
(2017-04-02, 01:31)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Nickr

Thanx for the compliment, but I don't think my addons are of good enough quality to be in the official repo.... Smile just a hobby....
KCleaner definitely deserves a place on everyone's Kodi set-up. Might as well include it in the official repo. Saves people from looking at dodgier, less savoury options. 
I'm just glad I discovered it. Thank you to the Dev.
(2017-04-02, 11:46)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-02, 01:31)rocko Wrote: [ -> ]Nickr

Thanx for the compliment, but I don't think my addons are of good enough quality to be in the official repo.... Smile just a hobby....

Why not submit it to Team Kodi, as its already on the forum, and remember... Kodi itself is a hobby project, nothing to lose, worst case it stays third party on the official forum.
There are some Add-on rules (wiki) concerning what can be included into the official repo.

Maintenance add-ons by their very nature tend to need to do things that would be against those rules (e.g. direct access to the Kodi databases), even if they are entirely benevolent in their coding and intent.

So whilst submission is entirely acceptable practice, in many cases they cannot be accepted into the official repo. But that doesn't mean they are not welcome and useful additions to the community (presuming the above point about benevolence applies), as is the case with KCleaner. Hence why it has its thread here.
Thanks for the clarification @DarrenHill
Pages: 1 2