Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Function: Player.CurrentPosition_in_%()
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Board.
I asked from you to implement Player.FinishTime(), and you did. I have utilized that in Skin for quite some time now (in VideoFullScreen.xml).

Can there be also function to return current playing time in %.
We have System.Time() and we have Player.FinishTime()?
Dear Board.

Can there be <PageSkip Forward> maped to FastForwad' button
and <PageSkip Backward> maped to 'Rewind' buttons on IR remote?

All the System etc dialogs that have long file/items listings should have pageSkip, so that the hopping on the list could be a lot of faster.

Example, PlugIN SurfTheChannel under 'TV shows' has over 670 items on the list. Scrolling to the middle of if take DownArrow_press' a bit of time. Page skip could hop one page (some 30 items visible on one "page") with one keyPress.
player.progress

will conflict with player controls
PageSkip can be maped when player is off and common dialog is on. during media play, regular FF,Rew are mapd. function modes.
there's no such thing as conditional key mappings.

and in any case i would strongly oppose such a change - there's nothing quite as bad as a user interface where one button can do several things in one place
well, at the moment those keys are not doing anything when any media player isn't runnig.

Sure there can be check wheater there is a item dialog created or not and then deliever the KeyEvent?

donno.
spiff Wrote:player.progress

What does Player.Progress return?
Player.FinishTime returns text.
sure it can be. but i just told you why i think it's a bad idea.

hmm, player.progress is an int, dunno if those can be used in info strings
spiff Wrote:hmm, player.progress is an int, dunno if those can be used in info strings

..and thats why I asked for the new function to return "40%" meaning a textual (string) output, same fashion as that Player.FinishTime.

Smile
realjobe Wrote:..and thats why I asked for the new function to return "40%" meaning a textual (string) output, same fashion as that Player.FinishTime.

Smile
Player.Progress = <control type="progress" id="1">
Player.FinishTime = control type="label" id="1">

Smile
player.progress returns a label in % if you use it in a label at least pretty sure it does
<control type="label" id="1">
<description>The Current progress</description>
<width>100</width>
<posx>680</posx>
<posy>30</posy>
<info>Player.Progress</info>
<align>right</align>
<textcolor>green</textcolor>
<font>special13</font>
</control>

did not work. VideoFullScreen.xml file.