Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New website design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
@jez500, well done.

There does seem to be an issue with downloading kodi for android using ES File Explorer on the new web site. FireTV/Firestick people commonly install like that because they have no Google Play Store.

I don't have a Fire* so I cannot isolate the issue. I put ES File explorer on my android phone and still can't isolate the issue.

Any ideas? There are a few threads about it.
@nickr thanks Smile

Amazon Fire device users please see here https://twitter.com/KodiTV/status/848566613490241538

We might improve this on the website in the future (maybe a standalone page) but I think enough solutions have already been suggested in this thread. Definitely welcome any other feedback on the website though!
It's smooth and sharp, but feels really empty on a PC (Chrome, 24" 1080 screen, browser maybe 80% of full screen). On my phone it looks much better.

Critically it's missing the 'current' version on the home screen and download page; there is now too much clicking and scrolling just to check if I'm up-to-date.

I know every other website is going in the same direction, but I'm just not a fan of oversized fonts, excessive white space and a general dumbing down/removal of detail.
(2017-04-02, 22:18)jez500 Wrote: [ -> ]There is some custom modules I created to do some more specific things like the addon importer (which uses drupal migrate) and the donation form + donor wall. A migration script was also written to import all the old articles from WP which wasn't overly difficult, In general it was a fairly smooth transition.

Totally awesome!

I'd like a few more kodi screenshots though, on the front page or seperate screenshots page.

New users always like to see those.

Website looks altogether excellent!

Oh and I absolutely love the new download page, its so great to have gotten rid of all the extra text that was added over the years. Clean and simple!

EDIT: one more thing that would be nice is country flags for the donor wall, it just gives a sense of identity.
(2017-04-03, 09:11)mdh99 Wrote: [ -> ]It's smooth and sharp, but feels really empty on a PC (Chrome, 24" 1080 screen, browser maybe 80% of full screen). On my phone it looks much better.

Critically it's missing the 'current' version on the home screen and download page; there is now too much clicking and scrolling just to check if I'm up-to-date.

I know every other website is going in the same direction, but I'm just not a fan of oversized fonts, excessive white space and a general dumbing down/removal of detail.

Noted on the version number, will try and find a place for it that doesn't involve so many clicks.

Re the typography and whitespace, there is a reason why every other website looks like this... improved readability. The new website also actually has a lot more detail than the last it is just easier to read now.

(2017-04-03, 10:21)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]Totally awesome!

I'd like a few more kodi screenshots though, on the front page or seperate screenshots page.

New users always like to see those.

Website looks altogether excellent!

Oh and I absolutely love the new download page, its so great to have gotten rid of all the extra text that was added over the years. Clean and simple!

EDIT: one more thing that would be nice is country flags for the donor wall, it just gives a sense of identity.

Thanks for the nice words!

I would like more screenshots too, will most likely incorporate into the about page "feature" popups

Country flags is a cool idea, will take it into consideration, the donor wall could use more colour
Nice job.

The only pedantic thing I spotted was the Mac version still labelled as OS X\OSX rather than MacOS on the Downloads page.

Meh. Not trying to be mean or anything but it would of been nice if you did something different. I understand there's differences.
(2017-04-03, 12:57)Synopis Wrote: [ -> ]Meh. Not trying to be mean or anything but it would of been nice if you did something different. I understand there's differences.

Plex wouldn't exist without Kodi, they owe us one Smile
I think the new site look great Smile, Changed my link to Kodi on my website to the new https://kodi.tv/
Everything work great at my end Smile -Thank you.
^^ This I do not understand. The old link was the same so you wouldn't have had to update anything!
First, let me say this is meant as constructive criticism "In a good way" so i hope it will look that way when i have pointed some things out.

I love the new Website, very responsive and fluid, images have no "lets take 30 sec coffee break while they load" very impressive.
But, is it necessary, to devote so much of the front page to your sponsors, ofc they need mentioning because of the donation they provide, but you have a sponsors link in the drop-down bar and then you mention them again almost at the bottom and then again at the bottom.
Seems a bit much and like i just turned on the shopping channel.

The news could do with a bit of a overhaul, is it really important to read news about the beta and pre's of 17, could be moved to a sub news directory.

I love the drop down bar at the top, easy to navigate, but you could do a whole lot more with it, i would like to see News drop down with latest news, the Forum button could show latest topic and so on.

I understand these idea's could be time consuming, and would need someone on top of it constantly.
But just an idea.

But over all i enjoy the look and feel of the new modern 21st century website, and i still enjoy Kodi 17.1 very nice, good job "TK" and Head Honcho himself.
Thank you
I hope my criticism, is taken as constructive and nothing else because that was not the intent.
kimkl, there's a dedicated news page. https://kodi.tv/blog
Personally I love the new homepage I think you knocked it out the park.
Right now, here in Melbourne, kodi.org is not loading, xbmc.org loads the kodi wiki.

kodi.tv is loading, at least...
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/kodi.org -> yep it's down, has been since yesterday arvo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6