Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrading Kodi 15.2 to 17.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I am running Kodi 15.2 with a central mysql database on my NAS, and streaming of shares on the same NAS. It all works fine but I would like to move to the latest version of Kodi.

When I upgrade to 17.1 when Kodi starts it states its converting the database but after it starts there is no information about any of the movies or TV Series, although the file list under videos is still there.

Do I need to perform any upgrades to specific version to perform gradual database upgrades? Or just need to do something else?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
I suspect you didn't wait long enough for the dbs to update. Set debugging 'on' on one kodi instance. stop kodi (all instances). on mysql drop the 17 version databases. Start the instance of kodi, the one with debugging on. WAIT. Go cook dinner, make coffee, walk the dog whatever.

If something goes wrong, you have a debug log, post it on pastebin and report back.
Many thanks, I will give it another go and leave it open overnight see if it then has enough time to catalog everything again.

One thing I noticed, on the file list if I do edit none of the folders seem to have content set? cheers
Oh wow, I'm probably going to do this eventually too, I also entirely skipped 16, felt rushed to me.

I use Aeon Nox skin though, really pretty version too (a remake of 4) so I guess I need to wait for that to be ported.
Let it run overnight and this morning still the same, no movies or TV Series listed still. So not a question of waiting a x number of time, something else is not playing ball.
Just noticed your post #3. Reset the content.
Just a quick update on my progress, I noticed I had a video99 database from a previous failed install of 16.0 and also a video107 database from the 17.1 install, I dropped both databases and upgraded 15.2 to 16.0, that took a long time to start up and migrate to new database (video99) but it worked without any issues, then I upgraded to 16.1 that was quick no extra database, then upgraded to 17.0 and again this took a long time to perform a database migration and recreated database video107, once this was complete updated to version 17.1 and all done Smile

Not sure about the new interface though :/
You could have gone straight from 15 to 17. I suspect that earlier your machine was trying to update the v.16 database (which may have been corrupt and would certainly have been out of date).

Give the new skin a try for a while, I have grown to like it. Otherwise, there are still plenty of skins available, including Confluence - the old default.