Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I have a question about favorites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The favorites you had to the main home screen that you add from add-on is there a way to sort them in alphabetical order because some of them are in alphabetical order and some are not
I believe it's in the order that you added them. You can push them up and down to whatever order you like. Not sure if there's an easy alphabetical. C button on keyboard or page looking button on controller.

Sent from my iPhone
It would be a nice idea. If you're comfortable mucking about with .xml files it's easy with notepad++ though - just open favourites.xml, select all but the top and bottom lines, edit > line operations > sort lexicographically ascending > save.
(2017-04-02, 00:35)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a nice idea. If you're comfortable mucking about with .xml files it's easy with notepad++ though - just open favourites.xml, select all but the top and bottom lines, edit > line operations > sort lexicographically ascending > save.

How do you do this on Fire TV Second Generation
On my android tab I'd chuck favourites.xml across to my pc, edit it and chuck it back - how you'd do that from a fire tv I've no idea offhand, sorry.
My info would be incorrect for kodi 17. Worked with Aron flux skin on 16.

Sent from my iPhone
Thread moved to OS independent
(2017-04-02, 04:55)mack83 Wrote: [ -> ]My info would be incorrect for kodi 17. Worked with Aron flux skin on 16.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
It still works in 17 - you just need to click on 'favourites' before going into favourites, then the context menu is available and you can move them up and down.
Edit: I'm guessing you mean in estuary. In other skins it should work as before.
(2017-04-02, 10:10)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-02, 04:55)mack83 Wrote: [ -> ]My info would be incorrect for kodi 17. Worked with Aron flux skin on 16.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
It still works in 17 - you just need to click on 'favourites' before going into favourites, then the context menu is available and you can move them up and down.
Edit: I'm guessing you mean in estuary. In other skins it should work as before.

How do you click on favorites because when you add in favorites it just goes into a whole section called favorites and it doesn't do anything when you hit the menu button
In estuary on my pc I move down to favourites and press enter. Or left-click on 'favourites' with a mouse. If that doesn't work for you I can't help further - I don't normally use estuary.
(2017-04-02, 20:20)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]In estuary on my pc I move down to favourites and press enter. Or left-click on 'favourites' with a mouse. If that doesn't work for you I can't help further - I don't normally use estuary.

I don't have Kodi on PC I have it on Fire TV Second Generation
I'm having one of those 'I'm sorry I mentioned it' moments.
(2017-04-02, 22:48)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having one of those 'I'm sorry I mentioned it' moments.

I don't know you mean by this I am just letting you know what device I am using
I have a question could you use an android tablet to access the favorites on Fire TV Second Generation
Can you use an Android tablet to access Kodi favorites on my Fire TV Second Generation
Pages: 1 2