Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with install of Kodi 17.0 directly from FireStick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to bother folks, but i am stuck and new to this whole thing. I was running Jarvis 16 on my fire stick and attempted to updated it to Krypton 17 today. When I went to Kodi website from ES Explorer on the fire stick It would not let me select Android to download. After messing around for a bit, I decided to just download directly using the Downloader app. I was able to download the file then attempted to install it. It originally showed the splash screen saying Kodi Krypton 17.0 then the screen went blank. Not sure why but cant get kodi to run now. Does anyone have a suggestion on know the url i need specifically to download 17.1 from downloader? Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts.
Same here, It came up with the new logo and such. But when clicking icon on home screen it is now, it does nothing.
The whole Downloader thing went well, and I was ready to donate, BUT...
I managed to fix this issue by deleting the "addons27.db" file. I used ES File Explorer to do this. Make sure "Show hidden files" is turned on.

Location is within /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/userdata/Databases (note, it was hard to find a way to click files but I managed to do it somehow).

Once you find the file press and hold the centre button until it is selected and the chose delete.

Once you start Kodi again I believe it rebuilds the file and loads with no issues and all settings are intact!

Good luck!
Ah hah! I had similar issue when I was setting up a "traveler" Firestick for myself. I had loaded Jarvis 16.1, but discovered one of my fav addons wouldn't run. So loaded Krypton 17.0 on top. Then the splash/blank loop issue. Going into the stick "manage applications", I deleted the Kodi cache and data, but did not uninstall Kodi. Then launch and it went well. So apparently that " addons27.db" file got cleared in the process.

Now, my question is could I have deleted just that file and not all the "data"? The way I did it, I had to reinstall all the addons. Not that big a deal at the time as it was a fresh, minimal install. But I could see it a big pain to lose all ones addons and settings when a single file " delete and rebuild" will do the trick.
Is this 17 or 17.1?

Sent from my ONE A2003
(2017-04-03, 17:31)VisB Wrote: [ -> ]Ah hah! I had similar issue when I was setting up a "traveler" Firestick for myself. I had loaded Jarvis 16.1, but discovered one of my fav addons wouldn't run. So loaded Krypton 17.0 on top. Then the splash/blank loop issue. Going into the stick "manage applications", I deleted the Kodi cache and data, but did not uninstall Kodi. Then launch and it went well. So apparently that " addons27.db" file got cleared in the process.

Now, my question is could I have deleted just that file and not all the "data"? The way I did it, I had to reinstall all the addons. Not that big a deal at the time as it was a fresh, minimal install. But I could see it a big pain to lose all ones addons and settings when a single file " delete and rebuild" will do the trick.

I didn't want to lose all my setup from 16.1 so I was trying to refrain from deleting data (I don't even remember all the small settings I had changed for my firestick and didn't want to have to figure them out again). After much research I found out about the addons27.db file. Luckily forcing Kodi to rebuild that file solved all issues. I'm sure it would've worked for you if you had tried it.