Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Acessing shares from a Mac server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I am having some issues setting up my Kodi (16.1) installation on one of those Android TV boxes (MXQ with an older Amlogic SoC). I haven't been using the thing for a while (I just push the video to my Xbox via upnp) and a month ago the thing just decided to wipe all user data for some reason. Yesterday I finally wanted to use the box so I started setting everything up.

And now for the issues that I am having... I am using a Macbook (running El Capitan) as my primary machine. On this I have AFP, SMB and SFTP shares enabled (I also tried enabling NFS yesterday) and I can't seem to get any of them to work. I know that SMB stopped working a few years ago when Apple upgraded their SMB implementation. I don't know if this has ever been fixed with Kodi? But I certainly haven't been able to use SMB after that. I did of course try to set up an SMB share but I always just get an error "broken pipe" and can't add it. It works with my Linux media server though.

So I tried setting up a SFTP share. Something that I did on my phone with some other application when SMB stopped working on that as well. But I can't do it. I know for a fact that SFTP works just fine from my phone with another application. But Kodi on my android TV box just won't connect. No specific error messages or anything.

I've also tried adding a NFS share yesterday. Kodi can see the share but when I click on it nothing happens. I used NFS Manager on my Mac to set it up (yes, I did add the -alldirs option) and it seems fine, but I haven't checked if anything else can connect.

The only thing that works is using an upnp server (in my case another installation of Kodi) on my mac. But this is annoying since auto refreshing of directories doesn't seem to work and I can't access subtitles.

So... any help in getting either SFTP or SMB working would be greatly appreciated. Or even NFS.