Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to remove irems from Main Menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to remove some items which i do not want them to be shown in the Menu
I want to keep only the Movies - TvShows - Weather and not all of them
I am trying in Settings\interface\Skin\Configure skin\ and probably Home options\Home furniture , but there is not any option

Do you know any solution?
Thanks for your attention
Go left and hit the delete button. There's three buttons next to each menu item: Move down, Move up, and Delete.
Yes, i saw it
But it writes a message that if i delete it i can not bring it back
How can i reverse this action?

Anyway this is a very nice skin and it gives all the infos i want

Usually i used the Aeon MQ but i thing this is much better
The only missing thing/action , is the opened case with the cd inside
How can i activate it?

Also when i am in the Main Menu watching the Weather i do not see the weather infos
I have to click it with the mouse or with the remote control
Is there any option , turning to the weather to see the infos on the screen like the MQ?

Thanks for your answer
(2017-04-04, 10:17)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i saw it
But it writes a message that if i delete it i can not bring it back
How can i reverse this action?

Either add it back in manually or reset to defaults.

(2017-04-04, 10:17)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]The only missing thing/action , is the opened case with the cd inside
How can i activate it?

Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay

(2017-04-04, 10:17)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Also when i am in the Main Menu watching the Weather i do not see the weather infos
I have to click it with the mouse or with the remote control
Is there any option , turning to the weather to see the infos on the screen like the MQ?

Uncheck Settings->Metropolis->General->Hide Current Temperature and Weather Conditions, though IIRC it should be unchecked by default.
Either add it back in manually or reset to defaults.
Understood

Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay
It does not work at all

Uncheck Settings->Metropolis->General->Hide Current Temperature and Weather Conditions
I am not saying this one
I am saying , when i see the weather on the main menu , it does not write the weekly temperatures , but writes the words Weather Forecast
Therefore i have to click it with the mouse , then in the next page/view shows me the temperatures
I just want it in main screen , unless it is not possible by default
(2017-04-04, 15:16)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Settings->Metropolis->General->Enable Video/Album Art overlay
It does not work at all

I may be misunderstanding what you're looking for then. This setting displays the album cover and disc art associated with the currently playing song in the lower-left corner of the screen. It will also enable the display of a small video window if a video is playing.

Can you provide a screenshot of another skin that points out what you want?

(2017-04-04, 15:16)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]I am saying , when i see the weather on the main menu , it does not write the weekly temperatures , but writes the words Weather Forecast
Therefore i have to click it with the mouse , then in the next page/view shows me the temperatures
I just want it in main screen , unless it is not possible by default

It is possible, if you're using a supported weather add-on. Weather Underground will give you the most information, though Yahoo! works too.
Perhaps , i can not explain exactly what i mean , because the english is not my native language

1. for the weather
Scrolling the Main Menu , you see all the skin options
Movies Music TvShows Weather etc with their backrounds. OK?
When i stop at the Weather , i see its backround with the notice Weather Forecast
But , to see the temperatures you must click on the weather , and then the next image gives you all the temperatures
In other skins , like MQ , you see the temperatures at once

2. The opened movie case
In MQ skin . when you set the movies in Poster Lite status , scrolling your movie's library , you see the poster to open and inside you also see the disc

i can not send any screenshot, because i do not know the way
(2017-04-04, 15:57)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]1. for the weather
Scrolling the Main Menu , you see all the skin options
Movies Music TvShows Weather etc with their backrounds. OK?
When i stop at the Weather , i see its backround with the notice Weather Forecast
But , to see the temperatures you must click on the weather , and then the next image gives you all the temperatures
In other skins , like MQ , you see the temperatures at once

You're referring to the weather widget at the bottom of the screen, I believe. With Weather Underground selected as my provider, I do see the temperatures there.

Which weather provider are you using?

(2017-04-04, 15:57)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]2. The opened movie case
In MQ skin . when you set the movies in Poster Lite status , scrolling your movie's library , you see the poster to open and inside you also see the disc

Cases and disc art in the library views is not a feature in Metropolis.
@ jingai
regarding weather , is ok now

Cases and disc art in the library views is not a feature in Metropolis
is difficult for you to create this feature?

Anyway your skin is amazing and i like very much the Glass Theme/colours

Just for your information , when i select a movie i see 10 coloured flags ( amazing)
But 1 flag after IMDB votes and before the type of the disc (BD Disc-DVD etc) . is missing
It happens to all my movie collection

Also the last and the first movie of my library are shown together
the first movie does not appear just first
You do not know which is the first and which is the last of the library

Where can i find the fixed list?
(2017-04-04, 19:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Cases and disc art in the library views is not a feature in Metropolis
is difficult for you to create this feature?

I don't feel that it fits the aesthetic of the skin.

(2017-04-04, 19:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Just for your information , when i select a movie i see 10 coloured flags ( amazing)

...what?

(2017-04-04, 19:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]But 1 flag after IMDB votes and before the type of the disc (BD Disc-DVD etc) . is missing
It happens to all my movie collection

That spot is intentionally left empty.

(2017-04-04, 19:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Also the last and the first movie of my library are shown together
the first movie does not appear just first
You do not know which is the first and which is the last of the library

"Wrap lists" all behave this way.

(2017-04-04, 19:37)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: [ -> ]Where can i find the fixed list?

In the side menu (hit left to get to it), change the View type at the top to one that is fixed.
Done
I found the Poster Fixed

and i thank you for your attention and answers
if i need some more i will ask you
How can i activate the Radio
I have installed a repository , with video/radio
But i can not find the addons to activate it

And how can i put it in the Main Bar?
I'm not quite following.. you're having trouble locating add-ons? They're in the Programs submenu. For music addons, they would specifically be under Programs->Music.

The stock main menu item for Radio is for an FM tuner. If you don't have one installed, you can modify the Radio menu item to point to whatever addon you'd like instead.
In programs i see that appear only Artwork Downloader - Cdart Manager and Madvr Settings

Where is the option ( My addons )?
Overthere i could find a lot of addons for subtitles - video addons e.t.c
They're in the submenu. If you're using the default vertical menu, hit Right. If you're using a horizontal view, hit Down.
Pages: 1 2