Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: update install on two different pieces of hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having issues updating Kodi on two different devices, hopefully someone can help me out (just a side note both devices are running Jarvis and I am attempting to update to the latest Krypton) the first one:
I have a Firestick and was attempting to update to Kodi 17 however since the update to the website I can't update, before as i navigated to the downloads section while in ES Download I would just look for the highlight halo around whatever build was downloading, but now there isn't one, so whats the work around for this?

Second one: I'm trying to update Jarvis to Kodi 17 on an MXQ box through ES Download and I can download the apk however trying to install its giving me a parser error message....and i've tried all the android builds and they are all giving me the same error.

both devices are trying to install through ES Downloader, both devices are using Jarvis and trying to update to 17.

************Update**********
after submitting the post and doing some youtube research the fixes I found were as follows:
With the MXQ box, the hardware won't be able to support Krypton due to not being able to support the latest android update, luckily I still had a copy of Jarvis still on it so just reinstalled and more than likely just run that till the wheels fall off.

For the Firestick, it was a simple work around, instead of using ES downloader I used one recommended on a youtube video that had an installed browser with mouse cursor so I was able to click on the link.
Hope this info was helpful and if anyone need the link to the video for more info and if the forum rules allow me to I'll post the link.
From the start here thread stickied at the top of the forum. That no one seems to read. This likely applies to your second box.

Q. I cannot install Kodi Krypton on my Android device ?
You need Android Lollipop 5.0 as a minimum OS for Kodi Krypton.
Find out which version of Android you are running by looking in Kodi > System > Sysinfo > Summary > Operating System

Kodi cannot help with Android Firmware upgrades. See your device vendor for help or the Freaktab website.

Sent from my SGH-I337M