Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi Mi box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did anyone tried to upgrade to Kodi 17.1 from 16.1 Jarvis?

I've tried to download the file a few times but my Mi box can't seems to open the apk file.
The Mi box is running at Andriod 6 and I had no problem using Kodi 14 to 16.
Have you tried the play store?
Nope. My Mi box did not install Play store.

BTW, how do I install the Play store into the Mi Box. I can't find the Play store apps.
And 1 more thing. Usually when I try to install a new apps, there's the application's icon. Just like when I try to install kodi 16.1, there's this Kodi's blue icon/logo.

But when I try to download the Kodi 17.1 RC apk file, it has this android logo only. it's as though the file is not complete. I tried to download it from the main Kodi download page, and i've tried to download from the mirror side. It's all the same. The apk file can't open.

watch gallery
Every USA Spec / International Mi Box - Model MDZ-16-AB has a inbuilt Google Play Store.

If the Google Play Store is missing its very likely you have some other model Mi Box like the local Chinese Language - domestic China model.

And actually looking at the Chinese text in the screenshot you probably don't have the Model MDZ-16-AB we are all using here on the forum.

This is the correct folder containing Kodi 17 for the 32bit Android OS the Mi Box uses.

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/