Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Will not turn on after Krypton upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a Windows 10 desktop, running Jarvis for Kodi, and tonight it said there was a new update named Krypton that was necessary. I followed each of the steps to do it, - Factory Reset, download the new update, and Kodi stopped even turning on. I figured it must have been something whacky in the Download so I uninstalled, and downloaded it again going for a clean slate install. It still doesn't do anything except think for a second or 3, then nothing happens. I am at a complete loss, for what I could possibly do as I am not super tech savvy. I have searched the forums, and have not found one like this, or that is doing something like this.
I'm having the same problem on windows 8.1. uninstalled kodi16.1 with windows uninstaller. restarted, installed 17.1 and it wont open.
I'm having the same problem also Tongue
Hi BlagTheRippa

Where did you download the update from? Can you paste the link here.
Hello,

I am having the same issue.
The site was wwwtvaddonsag/upgrade-kodi-krypton/
I also realized that I did not read the registration correctly and now I have my email as my username. SMH.. not my day.
If an admin reads this, can you please change my username to jlhobdey or sgtpep69 if either is available.
I tried to upgrade to 17.1 and now can't turn on Kodi at all. I get this error message. kodi.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-crt-runtime-/1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I have tried to reinstall kodi twice now with the same results.
Exact same thing happened to me, re-installed multiple times with no success. No fixes for this yet I guess?
I just uninstalled 17.1 and installed 16.1 from here. http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ Once 16.1 was installed i chose to install 17.1 over it without uninstalling and now it works. :0) That issue is fixed.. still needing to find an admin for my username though. LOL
Me a post in the website section to request name change
Thanks! I posted the request to the correct category.
I fixed mine! Had to go into appdata, database, and delete addons27
(2017-04-04, 05:41)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am having the same issue.
The site was wwwtvaddonsag/upgrade-kodi-krypton/

Hello,

Out of curiosity... why would you download a version of Kodi from the above mentioned site... then come here for assistance? The problem being that it is a modified version of Kodi, so very few people here would know what could be the cause of the problem. Especially when your only description of the problem is... "I am having the same issue"

The only help on offer at this stage is to uninstall that version and install a clean version of Kodi, downloaded from here. If the problem persists, we can help you.

And this extract from that website is on every page of that site...
Quote:Kodi Addons
Kodi is a registered trademark of the XBMC Foundation. We are not connected to or in any other way affiliated with Kodi, Team Kodi, or the XBMC Foundation. Furthermore, any software, addons, or products offered by us will receive no support in official Kodi channels, including the Kodi forums and various social networks.
That site is also a strong supporter of piracy and usage of any of their 3rd party banned addons (wiki) are a violation of our forum rules (wiki).

If you haven't already done so i would also strongly urge you to completely uninstall any version of Kodi you have contaminated with their stuff and start back with a fresh clean install and avoid that site and the stuff on the list.
Pages: 1 2 3