Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to start MAME in recent build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, i entered the magic code and all was revealed wit the games menu Smile

Now i try to run a MAME zip file and there is a small flurry of activity, but it seems to fail.
https://pastebin.com/kFFvBn7S

I have MAME 2000 emulator installed, and a known working ROM.. but there are lots of errors in the logs.

Any ideas?

Nathan
The problem is that Kodi's extension handling hasn't been updated yet. It thinks the zip file is a video and uses VideoPlayer instead of RetroPlayer. I've added a patch to my RetroPlayer builds, but if you're getting this error you're probably using master. Try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <remove>.bin|.img|.iso|.zip</remove>
  </videoextensions>
  <musicextensions>
    <remove>.cue|.zip</remove>
  </musicextensions>
  <pictureextensions>
    <remove>.zip</remove>
  </pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
worked a treat, added the advancedsettings.xml and the MAME emulator worked fine. Thank you.
I'm not sure i know the difference between master and your retroplayer builds. I grabs the build from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173361, is there a different location?

Thanks again.
The difference between my windows and OSX builds, and master (including milhouse's RPi builds):

* Games are enabled by default
* The advanced settings hack above is already included
* All available emulators are included
* Savestates work better than master (though still broken)
* Repository for IARL is included

If this isn't the case, i probably uploaded a wrong build Smile
Ah ok, that explains things... I'm on the Rpi build referenced on that page, but is based on master (Millhouse).
Thanks for the responses, this is truly exciting stuff.
(2017-04-05, 07:58)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that Kodi's extension handling hasn't been updated yet. It thinks the zip file is a video and uses VideoPlayer instead of RetroPlayer. I've added a patch to my RetroPlayer builds, but if you're getting this error you're probably using master. Try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
</videoextensions>
<musicextensions>
</musicextensions>
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.zip</remove>
</pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
 This still seem to be true for the last builds.
@garbear: can this change somehow be pushed to the official master branch? I guess a lot of people will fall over this Smile
(2017-12-18, 11:39)linkinsoldier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 07:58)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that Kodi's extension handling hasn't been updated yet. It thinks the zip file is a video and uses VideoPlayer instead of RetroPlayer. I've added a patch to my RetroPlayer builds, but if you're getting this error you're probably using master. Try adding this to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
</videoextensions>
<musicextensions>
</musicextensions>
<pictureextensions>
<remove>.zip</remove>
</pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
 This still seem to be true for the last builds.
@garbear: can this change somehow be pushed to the official master branch? I guess a lot of people will fall over this Smile   

Ultimately we can't sniff extensions. The solution is a parser.

I've added this to my List of v18 issues, but the Player Manager is gonna be such a large amount of work that I have no clue if I can get this in the v18 release.
Thanks for the response! I think this rater is a "nice to have", manual solution is quite easy Smile