Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No addons available/visible for Kodi running on a Mac computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm new here so I hope I'm writing to the correct place/thread. If I'm not, then please excuse me and show me the right direction.

I've noticed that it is impossible to change skin, set weather provider, or do anything that requires download from the internet using a Mac computer.

No matter if I'm using Kodi as a native MacOS application or it is LibreELEC (haven't tested with OpenELEC on Mac though). If I'm on Mac, then no add-ons for me. It just don't see any addons.

I'm not such a great Mac user and prefer Windows, so it could be the actual problem - I just don't know how to set up Mac properly. But the same LibreELEC installed on a PC computer from the same USB stick works as intended, and can download any add-on/skin/etc.

To avoid possible questions:
1. I can use internet on both my Macs (Mac Mini and MacBook Air) with no restrictions
2. I can freely add media located on other machines in my home LAN to the Kodi library

I'm using the latest Kodi 17.1 downloaded today

UPDATE

This bug seems to be applicable only to fresh Kodi setup on some or all Mac computers running either MacOS+Kodi or LibreELEC with no MacOS at all.

No addons visible/available untill Add-Ons -> Enter add-on browser -> Install from repository is selected.

I have also selected "Weather" within "Install from repository" but I don't think it is really necessary.

Now I have add-ons working for every Kodi section, or at least that seems so.
What errors do you get?
Post a debug log (wiki).
No errors at the front end. Just no add-ons available.

Should I post the complete log or just a specific part?
Always post the complete Debug log (wiki).
Enable debug logging -> Setting weather provider (with empty weather providers list after Get more... is pressed) -> Disable debug logging

https://pastebin.com/yaXDZfes
This doesn't appear to be a debug log. It's also not a machine running a macintosh installation. The log shows you are running LibreElec.
(2017-04-05, 14:37)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't appear to be a debug log. It's also not a machine running a macintosh installation. The log shows you are running LibreElec.

It is exactly the debug log created by Settings -> System Settings -> Logging -> Enable debug logging

Yes, it is LibreELEC's log, because
(2017-04-05, 00:03)garfield Wrote: [ -> ]No matter if I'm using Kodi as a native MacOS application or it is LibreELEC (haven't tested with OpenELEC on Mac though). If I'm on Mac, then no add-ons for me. It just don't see any addons.
Either post a log running on OS X or post your log in the "Linux and Live support" Support Forum.
As Team-Kodi Member you've got all necessary information in order to trace the bug. Sorry, I'm not going to spend any more effort to this issue.
(2017-04-05, 15:04)garfield Wrote: [ -> ]As Team-Kodi Member you've got all necessary information in order to trace the bug. Sorry, I'm not going to spend any more effort to this issue.

ReallyHuh?
Two more confirmations from different people located in different networks using different Macs, running Kodi 17.1 as native MacOS application - no add-ons available also.

It will be too much to ask them for logs, but as this issue is easily reproducible on any Mac computer with initial Kodi 17.1 setup, you may now take control over it yourself.
(2017-04-05, 15:06)JxPx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 15:04)garfield Wrote: [ -> ]As Team-Kodi Member you've got all necessary information in order to trace the bug. Sorry, I'm not going to spend any more effort to this issue.

ReallyHuh?

May be not Big Grin

But I've really done everything I could regarding this Apple only issue: I've detected the issue is related to Apple computers running either MacOS or Linux, I've asked several Mac users not familiar with Kodi to reproduce the issue and I've posted the log made in accordance to the guidelines.

Now devs may reproduce the issue and decide whether to get rid of the bug or leave it in next Kodi versions as a feature Big Grin
Works fine here. Maybe something with your network/provider/router/trojans
Also that log from libreelec shows

Code:
URLError: urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name Resolution

Looks like you have issues with dns configuration.
(2017-04-05, 17:42)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine here. Maybe something with your network/provider/router/trojans

Is your setup is a fresh or constantly upgraded one?

I've discovered that if I start general add-ons repository and download anything from there (may be just starting the repository is quite enoygh) then I can browse add-ons in separate sections like Music or Weather, at least on LibreELEC.

Now I'm trying to recover MacOS on my Mac Mini to try the same there
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5