Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cant find the Kodi update 17.1 Stable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi: I am really new at this. I've been getting a message the last few days to do an update to Kodi 17.1 Stable.
I currently have Kodi 17.1-RC1 dated in Feb 2017. I went to Kodi tv, downloads, but couldn't find anything called Stable. So I went to Google play store and clicked on the Kodi app logo and it said uninstall or update. So I updated. Now the build says Kodi 17.1 (no RC-1) and march 28, 2017.

So am I on the right track?? Everything went fine. Seems stable......I other thing I worry about is Kodi offered a 64 bit update and I don't know what Goggle's is and my core is 64 bit.

Oh and one more thing, Do I really need to uninstall the old version first?? Because I didn't. We all update other programs in the tech world and you don't....

Thanks in advance for any advice or words of comfort.
Yes you have the stable build of 17.1.

RC = Release Canidate. Once Kodi goes into stable, it will not show "Stable", it will drop "Beta"/"RC" and will only show the version number.

And no, if you have the official version of Kodi installed you don't need to uninstall to upgrade.
Hello, can someone put me on a path on how to update my tv bx and put kodi 17. unsure how to remove the older version of 16.1. my box is a mygacia, Appreciate anyone to help, thanks
Usually it will be go into Settings >Apps select Kodi and uninstall.

Note though that v17 requires that you have Android 5.0 or greater running on your device. You can find your Android version by going to Settings > About.

If your device is not on at least Android 5.0 then there is nothing we can do to help you. This is not a general Android forum and you will need to contact your devices manufacture/seller and ask them or on a forum that deals specifically with Android like XDA Developers.