Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VPN Conflict with PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else having problems using PVR while VPN is connected?
I installed IPvanish on Amazon Fire TV Stick today and noticed that the channels and guide dont load in Kodi when it is connected.
- ?
Why did you install a VPN?
If it works with VPN off it's not our problem.
I'm confused by this.
There are plenty of reasons someone might want to install a vpn.
'If you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear' seems to be the attitude expressed here, but even if that were true so what?
There are a ton of discussions here about things that aren't 'officially supported' - so not Team Kodi's problem. Why not just let anyone who's using a vpn / pvr combination post about their experiences?
I don't use one, but I'd be interested to follow a discussion - should I have to go to a 'dodgy' site for that?
Edit: I suppose what I'm saying is I don't get what all the fuss is about most times someone mentions VPNs. There are threads in the back-catologue, but they're horrible to search for unless you go via google.
I'm just getting to learn what I can do with Kodi and learned that ISP providers may block certain content or limit streaming etc.. Thought I would give it a go to see whats out there. Nothing illicit of course but if my employer uses VPN's for security - I can do the same. Switching in an out of VPN with PVR schedule loaded causes Kodi to lock up. Just seeking opinion from a more experienced user base.