Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with deleting files from USB flash drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased MyGica ATV 1900 Pro with Kodi. I am having a couple of problems with USB flash drives. When I delete a file from within Kodi, the flash drive then needs to be repaired every time when I insert it in my windows 10 PC. Somehow the deletion process in Kodi is doing something odd to the flash drive. Just wondering if there is a fix or trick to avoid this issue.

My other problem is safely ejecting a USB drive from within Kodi. The options available in the context menu for the USB flash drive do not include safely removing the drive--only Play, Add to Favorites, and Set Content. Is there a way to add "Safely Remove' to this context menu?
Eject it from within the Android menu.
(2017-04-05, 16:34)buster2008 Wrote: [ -> ]I just purchased MyGica ATV 1900 Pro with Kodi.

If it came with Kodi, you may want to remove that install completely and start with a fresh clean install using a version from this site and go from there.
I have managed to solve the problem with USB flash drives needing repair after deleting files from within Kodi. I reformatted the flash drive to NTFS instead of the original FAT32 and that seems to have solved the problems. I also upgraded to the latest version of Kodi (version 16 was pre-installed when I bought MyGica) which has also helped, although I think the formatting to NTFS is what solved my specific USB problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.