Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can not install Kodi 17.1 on Windows 7????Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to install Kodi 17.1 but I keep getting a pop-up that tells me I need to install SP1 I tried several things but as it seems I might not be able to get things in working order...

Are there more people with this issue? Is there a way to fix this. or do I have to buy a Windows 10 package?? I know I have to install Windows 10 at some point, but I want to delay it becuase I also make music and some of my favorite plug-ins do not have a Windows 10 installer(these plugins go way back into the Windows XP period but I still love those tools and for this reason I want to stay on Windows 7.

I hope there is a way to be able to install Kodi 17.1 and keep it running on windows 7...all info is much appreciated
Have you tried installing SP1? Is it already installed and, if not, is there any reason why you wouldn't?
I tried to install the SP1 update but during the update it get stucks and removes the SP1 update(for example the update should be 18 steps but it stops on step 10 and it says the windows update can not be completed).

I do not know why the update-cycle can not be completed I tried to google some info but I can not find anything that really helps
Sounds like you're going to need a full windows installation from scratch, then update to service pack 1, how you got to this point is undetermined.
Thanks for the replies....But that is not what I wanted to hear Sad that means i have to re-install a lot of audio related stuff and that is going to take me the better half of a month or so.

But I think you might be right about the re-install so i am screwed i guess?

If there is anyone with an other point of view please feel free to post a reply and again to Prof Yaffle and PatK thank you for the replies thus far