Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi application will not load on windows pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded multiple times and Kodi will not respond after clicking on application. I've tried downloading from windows store and through the regular installer and still nothing. I believe that i copied the log correctly for you'll

https://pastebin.com/6vuKzr8u
The fix is fairly simple, and should only take a few minutes of your time.
All that needs to be done is to navigate to ...\userdata\database and delete the file named Addons27.db

I can’t find this userdata directory

The location depends upon where you downloaded Kodi from...

If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi \userdata\database

If you downloaded from the Windows store, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming I don't have this version... is this the full address?

If you originally downloaded Kodi from TVAddons then that is a modified version of Kodi and we are unable to assist you. You will need to contact TVAddons for assistance.

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.

I found Addons27.db and deleted it. Now what?
Great. Now that it is deleted, you can exit out of Windows Explorer and start Kodi as you normally would. In most cases, if you have followed these directions, the issue will have been resolved.
Preciate You!!!