Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL with Windows install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to install Windows 7 on a new SSD.
I'm wondering what I need to do about my current MySQL. Is there any folder that I can copy and paste on my new SSD or other things like that.
Anyone used an existing MySQL on a new install that can give me a few pointers on what to do/not to do?

Thanks!
The SQL settings are in the advancedsettings.xml file, you can copy that over from your current installation. I recommend you also copy some other files in the root of your profile folder, like sources.xml, password.xml (if it exists).
You could even copy your entire profile so you also copy addon settings but sometimes its a good idea to start fresh.
(2017-04-06, 12:16)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]The SQL settings are in the advancedsettings.xml file, you can copy that over from your current installation. I recommend you also copy some other files in the root of your profile folder, like sources.xml, password.xml (if it exists).
You could even copy your entire profile so you also copy addon settings but sometimes its a good idea to start fresh.
What I forgot to add is that the machine hosting the MySQL will not have Kodi on it so I don't think I need to copy the advancedsettings.xml, sources, etc.
I just want to make sure I will be able to 'load' the existing dbnumber into the new MySQL install...
(2017-04-06, 16:25)helta Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=MYSQL
Thanks, I will look into that and hopefully this is what I need Smile