Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.1 crashing on Android 4.4.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my friend had kodi 16.1 on his Galaxy tab 3 and was working fine.
He has reset his tablet back to factory settings and asked me to put kodi back on for him.
I downloaded the 16.1 apk and installed it.
When opened it brings up the first screen and says 'preparing for first run' then goes blank and crashes saying 'unfortunately kodi has stopped working'

Can anyone help me out please, I figured a clean install on a freshly wiped tablet would be pretty straight forward. Apparently not

Thanks
try redownloading the file the file could be corrupt and allow for unknown resouces to be installed in system settings or try a newer or older versions
Thanks for the reply, yeah I've tried all that. Downloaded again, tried two older versions. I did try 17.1 but Pretty sure it isn't compatible with Android 4.2.2 and it's an old tablet so don't think it can have a newer version of Android on it.
It's really stumped me that 16.1 was working fine before the reset and now nothing, so confused
I am having exactly the same problem with my Asus Memo Pad 7 which also runs 4.2.2

I've used the same apk and install it on my Galaxy J3 phone so nothing wrong with that
Does your j3 run 4.2.2 as well?
Our old box is 4.4.2 & despite numerous attempts it won't upgrade to krypton.

IIRC it requires 5.0 & above, hope that clarifies this.

Sent from my iPhone
Yeah I think we're both trying to reinstall 16.1 after a factory reset.
I'm having the same problem. Anyone find a cure?
Having researched more, and also self taught unless I stand corrected the streaming element ie: from http to https is the root cause why many user's are biting the bullet & upgrading their boxes/OS* to accept Krypton rather than attempt to reinstall Jarvis in their system, if your system accepts Jarvis and works then great however our old box abeit still useful for other apps is now defunct as Kodi was its primary use.

* Obviously, PC, tablet & phones etc will depend on compatibility.

Sent from my iPad
Problem is I recently had kodi 16.1 installed on my Android tablet and it worked just fine. When I removed it and then realized my tablet was not compatible with 17.1, I reinstalled 16.1. And now on initial startup and first run the screen goes black and message "Unfortunately, Kodi has stopped". I've reinstalled and cleared cache/data several times but nothing works. Suppose they left something out of the program? Tablet works fine everything else.
Apparently there's a Jarvis 17.1, I've not viewed the YT clip so apologies if no good
link removed

Lastly, Did you download from Kodi website direct or upgrade via play store?

Sent from my iPhone
The link above has been removed as it peddles banned addons (wiki) in violation of our forum rules (wiki).

There is no Jarvis 17.1 - Kodi v17.1 is Krypton.
I downloaded 16.1 directly from Kodi. And like I said, it worked before.
You'll need to provide a Debug log (wiki).

Since you can't open it you'll need to use the Log file/Advanced (wiki) method. The see #2 under Enable debugging.
Pages: 1 2