Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does Krypton Not Have Play Count By Default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't see play count anywhere with a fresh install of Krypton on Windows 10. Do you have to get an add-on for that? I'm new to kodi.
I think this is a skin by skin issue. Some will have it and some won't.
hello hamsandwich

This might be a part answer to your question... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=300923

As for where to find that info...

For both Estuary and Aeon Nox, when you enter the movie library, toggle the pop out side panel for settings. At the top of the list you will see "Sort By". You can select "Play Count" and that will show and sort the library by Play Count.

You can also call up the Info page for a movie. For Estuary select "Extended Info" and it will show you the Play Count there, which works for Movies, but seems to be broken for TV Shows

In Aeon Nox, just call up the Info for a movie, and select the "info" icon which will bring up more info details, including Play Count.
I brought up Extended Info while using Estuary skin and do not see a Play Count anywhere.
Do you have that Add-On installed. It is not installed by default. You have to go to the Add-On Tab, search for it, then install it.

Sorry, can't check the steps or location as my Kodi is currently in use. Don't want to upset anyone in the house.
Yes I have it installed. I didn't have to download it, it came with my install of Krypton on Windows 10.
(2017-04-09, 23:34)hamsandwich Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have it installed. I didn't have to download it, it came with my install of Krypton on Windows 10.

Where did you get your Krypton installer?

Extended info is not a part of the kodi installer
From kodi.tv under Downloads. I chose Windows version. I have never used kodi before and never installed an addon.
Quote: I have never used kodi before and never installed an addon.

Going by your statement you do not have Extended Info installed. It may be in you Add-On list, but it needs to be activated.

From your add-on list, click on Extended Info. Along the bottom you will see a number of buttons. Click "Enable"

This will now download, install and activate the Add-On
(2017-04-10, 02:41)blossom24 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I have never used kodi before and never installed an addon.

Going by your statement you do not have Extended Info installed. It may be in you Add-On list, but it needs to be activated.

From your add-on list, click on Extended Info. Along the bottom you will see a number of buttons. Click "Enable"

This will now download, install and activate the Add-On

It was already installed and enabled, I just checked.
And I'm pretty sure the default Estuary skin does not show play count in Extended Info. I think Kodi 17 does not show play count in extended info.
If you can't see it in Extended Info for Estuary, then it is skin dependant to show that data.

Ok, how about switching skins to Aeon Nox. It can be easily installed in Settings>Interface

Once there, call up the movie "Info", then in that screen is another info icon 'I". That will show you play count, date added, date last played etc...

As I said, my Extended Info doesn't seem to work on my install for Estuary. I originally said it did not work for me in TV Shows, but once I checked, realised it does not work in Movies either.. Thought the problem was global, but if yours works, then I'll have to check my add-on.

Did you try the other alternative I gave you? Change the Sorting to Play Count? That is how I do it in Estuary, so I know that definitely works.
Yes, Extended Info is broken in Estuary v17, but you can perform a fix found here...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2538808

I am still not 100% sure you are in Extended Info though... You never installed it, you are new to Kodi, and you are able to access it even though it is broken...

I think you may be getting confused with another screen or option.

But I will check once I make the fix on my system.
Yes, you are correct. That info is not in extended info. You will have to change skins then or use my other suggestion.
Thanks for the help. How do I apply that fix if I'm on Android?