Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: where to find error log ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

Newbee here.
I am on Kodi 17.1 on a PC with Windows 10.
Installed a subtitles addon
Configured a video addon to automatically show the subs, but it doesnt.
When i go to manual search for a subtitle i get short message that there is an error and to view the log......but where can i find the log ?
The only log i find is that kodi started correctly......

Please help
Your previous post have been trashed because of using banned addons. Now you ask the same question with the only difference you don't mention the banned addon.
If you want help we need a debug log and we will see your addons and i'm pretty sure your post will trashed again.
Well.... Maybe if people tell what i did wrong before trashing my post without explanation i didnt do it again. I thought it had something to do with using names..... not with banned stuff whatever that means (using the addon is discribed on the site for all that matters)
I am a newbee here so shoot me for not knowing the rules..... And please dont tell me to read them all..... Nobody does.
I didnt break them on purpose.... But as said..... help newbees by explaining what they do wrong... Trashing them is easy....

Thnx for nothing.
PS..... An answer was more simple than a comment i cant use anyway.

Greets
Did you actually read the post at the end of the binned thread? Or for that matter the forum rules (wiki) themselves that were presented to you when you signed up here and that you had to accept?

You might have found both enlightening, had you done so. We are going to tell you that, as ignorance is no excuse.
Your issue is specifically with the operation of a piracy add-on and it's configuration for subtitles. As we don't provide support for installations that have piracy add-ons installed we cannot provide support for with this issue.

If you can replicate the problem you are having without having any add-ons installed that violate the Forum rules (wiki) and can provide us with a link to your Debug log (wiki) then we can certainly try to help out.
(2017-04-07, 21:08)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually read the post at the end of the binned thread? Or for that matter the forum rules (wiki) themselves that were presented to you when you signed up here and that you had to accept?

You might have found both enlightening, had you done so. We are going to tell you that, as ignorance is no excuse.

Are you kidding me?
Show me where i can find in the forum rules that opensubtitles or exodus is a banned addon which is not lt to be used or you get thrashed if you name it in a thread..... I dare you with that.... show me.
banned addons (wiki) - exodus is on the blacklist.

Piracy policy
(2017-04-07, 21:14)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]banned addons (wiki) - exodus is on the blacklist.

Piracy policy

This is a reaction i can use.
I apologize for breaking the rules.
If my previous trash was answered like this.... nothing would have happened and everybody was happy.

Thnx
Thank you for the apology.

Both of those links are in the automatic post at the end of the binned thread. But now you're aware of them and the topic i hope you can be a good contributer to this forum.
(2017-04-07, 21:28)PassieWaterm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-07, 21:14)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]banned addons (wiki) - exodus is on the blacklist.

Piracy policy

This is a reaction i can use.
I apologize for breaking the rules.
If my previous trash was answered like this.... nothing would have happened and everybody was happy.

Thnx

You were provided with these links in your last thread which included an automated explanation as to why the thread was binned so I don't really see the issue.

Regardless, do you wish to test your installation in a manner that we can provide support with or is the only issue with your piracy add-on?

If it is the latter then I will close the thread. If you want to try and replicate the issue on a clean install I can leave this open in anticipation of your Debug log (wiki).
You can close this thread.
Thnx everyone for enlightening me.
I'll behave :-)
(2017-04-08, 07:57)PassieWaterm Wrote: [ -> ]You can close this thread.
Thnx everyone for enlightening me.
I'll behave :-)

Thread closed as requested.