Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sony Bravia Running Kodi - How to SMB Save to Mac Mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
The question is in the title.

I have a new sony bravia android tv and have installed kodi but my question is how do I connect to my Mac Mini wirelessly to be able to file share?

Cheers
What do you mean 'smb save'?

Accessing a smb share is dealt with in the wiki.
Transfer videos I have already on my tv to my Mac mini or when i download videos using Kodi on my tv I want the save location to be my mac minis hard drive.
I have read that this is possible using smb but I can't get it to work
(2017-04-10, 12:59)Chowmann Wrote: [ -> ]i download videos using Kodi

Could be wrong bit it seems like you need a little bit of reading about banned addons (wiki) and maybe piracy policy (wiki)
(2017-04-10, 13:12)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-10, 12:59)Chowmann Wrote: [ -> ]i download videos using Kodi

Could be wrong bit it seems like you need a little bit of reading about banned addons (wiki) and maybe piracy policy (wiki)

Hi Gracus,
I appreciate what you are referring to but I have no intention in crappie copies of movies and illegally downloading them, I have sky and a cinema unlimited pass to watch films in great quality.
What I want is to be able to download legit stuff and watch at my leisure as my internet is not great for streaming, more interested in tutorials for learning the guitar that I can watch without it buffering all the time.
If you were not aware there are legal addons, see here
https://kodi.tv/addons/video-add-ons

So to ask again does anyone know if I can set the download folder to my Mac mini from running Kodi on my tv?
How exactly are you downloading the videos, and from what source?
Kodi does not download videos and save them to hard drive by default. You are presumably using an addon. Which one?