Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: update17.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an android MXQ box, I tried to update to 17.1 finally completed the lengthy download, now kodi will not respond, how do I get kodi to respond. Now its saying I don't have enough storage, can I begin again ghost the system and just add 17.1
Is the specs 5.0 & above as I believe if your box is less the 5.0 it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes is 6.0, it would appear that 17.1 downloaded, It saying I don't have enough storage, What I did was clear the previous kodi and try to rewrite 17.1 over the what was originally downloaded on the box. Now I don't have enough storage, I cannot uninstall> I am screwed.
(2017-04-08, 18:31)1clasz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes is 6.0, it would appear that 17.1 downloaded, It saying I don't have enough storage, What I did was clear the previous kodi and try to rewrite 17.1 over the what was originally downloaded on the box. Now I don't have enough storage, I cannot uninstall> I am screwed.

Do you have storage capability expansion?

Or a USB port to expand your storage?

And lastly, clear all non-essential data to free up space?

Sent from my iPad
ok, I am not computer savvy, but what do you consider non essential. I have tried to clear some Apps, I know I am not going to use, same message. All Morning It has USB Port, for storage expansion, do I need to purchase additional storage space. If so what. This was giving to me as a gift, two extra USB and SD/MMC
(2017-04-08, 18:40)1clasz Wrote: [ -> ]ok, I am not computer savvy, but what do you consider non essential. I have tried to clear some Apps, I know I am not going to use, same message. All Morning It has USB Port, for storage expansion, do I need to purchase additional storage space. If so what. This was giving to me as a gift, two extra USB and SD/MMC

It's ok, non-essential meaning other data or apps that's not 'directly required' for kodi to operate, this is what I done on my old box(quad core S805 1.5ghz 4.4 kit Kat 1GB/8GB) I deleted anything right to the bare bones.

If your box has USB ports trying using a memory stick or flash drive to boost storage & leave it there. I think you can use your SD card slot too if it accepts the card as the sd card is just another form of storage.

Hope that assists your problem or someone else with better knowledge can help more to the thread.

Sent from my iPad
Hi.
I have an Avatto X92 smartbox.
This box has an Octacore Amlogic S912 ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processor.
I tried to install the 17.1 ARMV8A (64bit) but it failed.
The ARMV7A (32 bit) version is working fine.
Is this situation normal?
Thank you G1M1
(2017-04-09, 13:31)G1M1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I have an Avatto X92 smartbox.
This box has an Octacore Amlogic S912 ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit processor.
I tried to install the 17.1 ARMV8A (64bit) but it failed.
The ARMV7A (32 bit) version is working fine.
Is this situation normal?
Thank you G1M1

Everything is normal

The advertised "64 bits" is for the processor and not for the used android which is probably still the 32 bits one
Thank you for your answer.