Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tvheadend htsp client 'access denied'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i work on this now for the second day and i really need some help:

My Hardware:
Mobo: MSI H81M-E34 - Socket 1150 mATX Board 4Gb ram
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 2x2,8Ghz
1x SSD 60Gb - Systemdisc
1x HDD 2,5" 500Gb
DVB-S card: Technotrend Budget S2-4200Twin Tuner

Software:
Libreelec 8.01
Kodi 17.1

ok TVheadend is running i got around 1.500 services
But now whenever i want to go to liveTV i get the message: 'Acces denied"
Is there any solution to this?

Thanx in advance

Ciao hjanko
So you have checked the user name & password on the backend? is the same on the client.

Using a web browser & the correct port 6891? or something. you can log in?

I have Tvh 4.09 the 4.2 version doesn't work for me.

4.09 on NUC as backend & client. Beelink running libreelec 8.1 as client.
(2017-04-09, 18:34)bubblegum57 Wrote: [ -> ]So you have checked the user name & password on the backend? is the same on the client.

Using a web browser & the correct port 6891? or something. you can log in?

I have Tvh 4.09 the 4.2 version doesn't work for me.

4.09 on NUC as backend & client. Beelink running libreelec 8.1 as client.
Hey all, I think I'm also having this same problem.  Have you all figured it out?
I had the same problem after upgrading and fixed it by doing the following in the tvheadend web configuration:

Configuration > Users > Passwords, I created a new user called tvh with the same password. 

Configuration > Users > Access Entries, click Add. Username type tvh. Change Parameters I clicked on everything. Streaming and Video Recording I selected HTSP for each. Then Save. 

Then on the htsp client in kodi, under connection settings, tvh for the username and password. 

My HTSP server connected immediately. I don't know if I should have done more or could have done less but that worked for me. Good luck!
Oops, one more step! On the htsp client in kodi, under connection settings, tvh for the username and password!