Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New Controller detected.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Krypton 17.0 on my fire tv and everything was working great. Got a pop up notice that I needed to upgrade to 17.1, which I did. Now when I try to go into Kodi, it tells me a new controller is detected. Configuration can be done at anytime in Settings.....etc. The screen has a toggle for "do I want to configure it now....yes or no?". My screen is frozen and I cannot select either. When I reset my fire box and go back into Kodi, the same screen pops up and I am unable to do anything. Krypton 17.1 has basically disabled Kodi for me.
Help!

So I tried uninstalling 17.1 and putting 17.0 on my TV. Now the controller is freezing in 17.0 also. Have been using a game controller since I got fire tv and never had an issue with version 16.xx. So now I basically have only amazon to watch. BTW, I tried to hurry to change the settings to configure the game controller and it freezes before I can even get to settings. Even thought that it might be a battery issue so I changed out the batteries in my game controller. That didn't help either.

I hope that this can be corrected ASAP, since I AM REQUIRED TO INSTALL KRYPTON in order to use Kodi.
(2017-04-09, 06:51)denaknight1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that this can be corrected ASAP, since I AM REQUIRED TO INSTALL KRYPTON in order to use Kodi.

Why do you believe that? Jarvis and indeed older versions should happily run on suitable hardware.

What requires you to install Krypton?
A pop-up indicated that Jarvis needed to be updated to Krypton. So, I can still run Jarvis?
(2017-04-09, 21:34)denaknight1 Wrote: [ -> ]A pop-up indicated that Jarvis needed to be updated to Krypton. So, I can still run Jarvis?

That pop-up doesn't come from us but from certain Banned addons (wiki). Jarvis works absolutely fine for all legitimate uses.
Thank you! New to Kodi--will pay more attention to what is legitimate. Thank you again.