Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: shared mysql database not work [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone I am a very happy user of kodi.
Since a very long time I use as a media center kodi on any TV at home and in the office.
I never had any problems using it so far and so, after much research and a month hoping that the matter be noted and resolved, I am here to describe it.
All devices (raspberry) on the network share the same database hosted on another server.
In previous updates all went well, the db was upgraded and kept working.
The servers were all old previously used database, for "laziness" I have not removed.
Updating from version 16 to 17 after the device restarts the db has been updated (dbname_107) but does not work.
The sources have not set the content type and you can not set it.
Scanning files (movie) does not start.
I have tried both the Windows version and the result is the same.
I tried to do a fresh install and set up a new database and the result is the same.
Carried out a new clean install for security I just set the source and used the local db to the device and the system works.
So I think there is some problem in the use of external database but ... how can I tell what?
Someone has been or is in the same situation?

Thanks in advance for any advice or clue.
No problem here with mysql. You will need to provide a debug log (wiki)
Oh, right!
here the log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24353531/
It seems to look for tables that are not actually present
example: movie_view
in the database does not exist, it is the same as the "movie" table?
It does not seem right to me you are looking for tables that do not exist if the database created it himself.
oook
problem solved
it was a matter of permissions on the SQL server
as already mentioned here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186325&page=2
I simply solved by adding superuser permissions to users of kodi
I can now proceed to update all devices
thank you