Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Correct Download
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a MINIX U1 with there own special version of KODI. I want to load Krypton 17.1 also but am confused which download to use,
Goodle Play,ARMV7A,ARMV8A, or X86.

Thanks Rocko
ArmV8A and your box needs at least Android V5.XX or better.
For Android devices:

x86 - your device needs to have a Intel SoC (System on Chip). For boxes, these is manly limited to the Nexus Player.

ARMV7A(32bit) - your device needs to have a ARM SoC. This is for most devices and it doesn't matter whether your SoC is 32bit or 64bit, this will work on all.

ARMV8A(64bit) - your device needs to have a 64bit ARM SoC as well as running a 64bit version of Android. This is limited to only a handful of devices as most only have a 32bit version of Android. If you don't know then install ARMV7A (32bit).

Google Play - just install from the Google Play store, the correct version for your device will be downloaded and installed.

All versions of Kodi v17 require a minimum of Android 5 and will not install if your device does not meet the minimum standards.
Tinwarble,

Thanks that makes it simple, I'll just install from Google Plat Store.

Thanks again for your help
(2017-04-12, 01:04)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]For Android devices:

x86 - your device needs to have a Intel SoC (System on Chip). For boxes, these is manly limited to the Nexus Player.

ARMV7A(32bit) - your device needs to have a ARM SoC. This is for most devices and it doesn't matter whether your SoC is 32bit or 64bit, this will work on all.

ARMV8A(64bit) - your device needs to have a 64bit ARM SoC as well as running a 64bit version of Android. This is limited to only a handful of devices as most only have a 32bit version of Android. If you don't know then install ARMV7A (32bit).

Google Play - just install from the Google Play store, the correct version for your device will be downloaded and installed.

All versions of Kodi v17 require a minimum of Android 5 and will not install if your device does not meet the minimum standards.

Curious if you know if this is why I'm having issues with my Fire TV 2?

So here's the deal... I updated when it told me to do so to 17.1, but because of an issue I could not figure out for the life of me, I had to revert to 17.0 RC4. The issue being the game controller for the Fire TV. As soon as I would open Kodi (17.1), it would give me a message "New Controller Detected, ETC, would you like to set up the controller now?" The problem is, because that's my only tool for navigation on Kodi, or any other app within the Fire TV, I couldn't do anything... No setting up of controller, no watching anything, nothing. I do know that I downloaded the ARMV8A(64bit) version, would it maybe not be a problem on the 32 bit?

I'm a little gun shy with it just because I don't want to do everything over again, but I do want to stay current. Trying to read my way through as I just got signed up and want to know if it's a known issue or if I'm just a dummy? Ha... Thanks to anyone who might know a work around to this!