Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: proxy server settings error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I posted this in the general forum and haven't had any replies, so thought i'd try here:

I'm running Kodi 17 on an Amazon FireTV box and have encountered a strange problem when I configure Kodi to use a proxy server. I have a number of video files stored locally on my LAN which suddenly will not play. It's just certain ones, and there does not appear to be any consistency in the format of those files, nor of the encoding protocols that were used to encode them - I have other files in fact which use the same formats and those will play fine.

The files that I have the problem with play fine when the proxy settings are disabled. They also play fine when there is no internet connection.to the FireTV box at all so long as the proxy setting is disaled. I also tried enabling the proxy setting, but disabling the internet connection to the proxy server - the files will not play. So it seems to be the proxy setting switch within Kodi which is causing the problem.

Anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Some extra info:

I'm running plex server on a qnap nas to serve the files to kodi
The problem exists on a TVFire and a Firestick I own - the same files are the problem.
The TVFire is running the latest version of PlexBMC (isenguard-helper-merge) together with Amber skin
The Firestick is running PlexKodiConnect together with ArcticZephyr skin

An example of a file that is causing this issue:

Video file in mp4 container
H.264
30 FPS
1920 x 816
AAC 5.1

An example of a file that is not causing this issue

Video file in mp4 container
H.264
30 FPS
1920x800