Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17 on aced revo 3610
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I recently upgraded my kodibuntu from 15 to 17 on my acer 3610 which has a SSD and 4 gb of ram. It connects over a wired connection. On the previous version of Kodi it worked fine.
But now when I play videos, they buffer. I've tried enabling hardware acceleration, but it still buffers.
Does anyone have any suggestions I can use to remove the buffering? Or is the box just to old?

Thanks
Could be to do with nvidia drivers. You could try libreelec on a usb stick.
No Debug Log no issue ... we don't have crystalballs here.
FWIW, I have Libreelec on a 3610, and get no buffering at all. Indeed, SWMBO is streaming a BR rip over Cat5 even as I type.

So, I suspect your sources. And, if those sources are via the banned addons (wiki), then that's your answer - dubious sources, unknown quality addons, who knows why it's not working. And if it's not, please post more, as simply stepping back doesn't help anyone get the issues fixed.
No debug log normally means banned addons but could be dodgy rips as well. I Stream 1080p movie rips over my network shares no problem but they are all good quality mkv files.

Actually ive never seen that buffering thing from a local source only when i stream a trailer and im doing other stuff on my fibre.
There are no dodgy add ons all the files are normal mkvs Apr avis. In fact there are no add ons ar all.

I'll have a look at it later this week, as I'm already in the bad books for spending Easter on it.

Thanks again
(2017-04-18, 17:55)Julian2403 Wrote: [ -> ]There are no dodgy add ons all the files are normal mkvs Apr avis. In fact there are no add ons ar all.

I'll have a look at it later this week, as I'm already in the bad books for spending Easter on it.

Thanks again
There is nothing difficult or time consuming in providing a log. If you want help, you do need to provide one.