Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to change "change content" for individual folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, not sure if this is the right spot, but I have always struggled with a few things in Kodi and I am trying to finally work them out.

Just for some background. I run my movies on an unraid server and using a mysql DB. Most of my videos are organized by type:

Code:
<Movies>
      <Animated>
            <Movie1>
                  Movie1.mkv

<Animated> is a source that is added and the content type is set for one movie per folder, This works fine.

But occasionally I will have multiple movies in a Movie folder and Kodi (as it should) only sees the first one and I can't get to the others. I don't seem to have any control on being able to set content type for those individual folders. I must be missing something simple but through my searches and trial and error I can't seem to resolve this problem. I don't want to take each one of these sub movies and move them to their own Movie folder as that would cloud up the organization that I have. Please help and thanks.
Have you tried setting "scan recursively"? I think that's what that's for?
I don't remember, but I am a little nervous messing with the library because I have screwed it up before. Are you suggesting that i change that for the <Animated> source? To do that, I have to uncheck "movies are in a separate folder" before I can check "scan recursively". From my readings, I thought I could change content for sub folders, but I don't seem to have that option. Thanks for the reply.
(2017-04-15, 16:50)icon123 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember,
Sorry, I can't be much help because I don't have the same setup to "play" with things to see what happens (no folders/subfolders) and I'm not a member of the team who knows all about how it works, but you can see what your settings are if you go to "change content". There's also a setting for "Selected folder contains a single video" which you may have checked?

I'm quite brave with trying things, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to "suck it and see", but I don't think changing the content settings takes anything out of the library, only "clean library" takes things out, and only then when there's an unavailable source and if you tell it to. Someone who knows more will hopefully see your thread and be able to give you some better help.