Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New package added?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lmysqlclient? Wasn't sure if the dev headers were needed or the client itself - added both from package manager and compilation is now proceeding. README.linux doesn't reflect this change in the portion that describes how to add needed packages.

Curious, would it be appropriate for the build shell script to attempt to download these packages when it detects that one is missing?Nerd
README.linux got updated like 10 minutes later :\
I'm going to keep build.sh distro independent. So, no it's not going to try to install them for you. Not to mention it would be a pain in the ass with very little reward.
Thanks guys, I understand not wanting to check for packages etc. in the build script - varying Distros would probably make that a PITA anyway. I was able to figure it out and the Readme got fixed too so no biggie. Honestly I don't even read the Readme usually unless something breaks Tongue
Remember that the build script is still primitive; once the devs feel it's ready for a preview release they'll package up a deb file with proper dependencies set so end-users never have to worry about that stuff.