Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Queued items issue...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to the whole Kodi thing did not know it was XBMC, been awhile for me. I downloaded Krypton and I am having a few issues. Biggest issue is with the interface. I use a two monitor setup and it's very hard to open the options window. We need to put our mouse pointer to the edge of the screen which makes it very hard to access with the two monitors, since the edge I need to get to is where the two monitors "meet". It would be nice if I clicked on the options gif at the bottom left the window will open, but it's just a gif and not link.

Another issue is with clicking on links in the interface. I click on something and it's like I click on it twice. Also sometimes just going over a link will click it. Very annoying when trying to add folders or whatever to the program.

The most annoying issue is with queuing items to view. I have loaded a digital series onto my system awhile ago, when I add the episodes from one season I have no way to know if they have been queued nor how to play them. The interface lets me queue items but not play those items or show me what items are queued.

Not a very intuitive interface, to be honest it's terrible and I just may go back to using windows media player, as bad as it is I can navigate it with ease.
Quote:Not a very intuitive interface, to be honest it's terrible

Kodi was designed from a HTPC point of view using a 10 foot interface with a remote from the couch. New users find the slide out menu the hardest to get used to, and unless you're just setting up, most of the configuration here doesn't need attention (Kiosk mode even locks out these menus). The double clicking might be some anomoly, doesn't happen with the majority of users, suspect the audio signal doesn't match up with the mouse moment (graphic engine suspect).

how to Queue Item http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109399 but I love this Add-on:Nextup Service Notification (wiki) and Add-on:LazyTV (wiki)

The two monitor issue, and accessing the slide out menu. You could flip the monitor display, so the left edge is the edge of the display, and the middle is on the right. Using the left & right arrow keys navigate easier in this regard as an input device. Alternately using the display switch [win+p] will allow you to duplicate displays.

There's nothing that compares with the features and functionality that Kodi brings to the multi-media enthusiast. There is multiple skins choices that would change the appearance and functions of an interface. I encourage you to try a few, there may be one that suits your needs better. We welcome your input and submit your user experience to the constantly evolving open source project and be part of one of the largest community driven software projects in history.

My signature contains links to features and samples of various skins.

Welcome to the Kodi Forums.
Stop using your mouse, things will improve.