Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone know how to get the ios remote app working with kodi 17.1 on the Amazon Fire box?
I had this problem forever. My Fire TV is hardwired to my network and the iPhone is of course wireless. What I discovered was that the IP & MAC address that was coming out of Kodi's "system info" was the Fire TV's wireless addresses. If you go into the "Device->About->Network" setting for the actual Fire TV box you will see the Ethernet addresses, once I used those everything worked. You will still need to use ports 8080 & 9090 and the default username "kodi".
(2017-08-26, 07:07)theslylion Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem forever. My Fire TV is hardwired to my network and the iPhone is of course wireless. What I discovered was that the IP & MAC address that was coming out of Kodi's "system info" was the Fire TV's wireless addresses. If you go into the "Device->About->Network" setting for the actual Fire TV box you will see the Ethernet addresses, once I used those everything worked. You will still need to use ports 8080 & 9090 and the default username "kodi".

I did all that and it didn't work for me so annoyed!!