Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: simple means of editing text of comments/descriptions for FLAC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying unsuccessfully (for years) to add text to FLAC files, so it shows up when I play a file.

So far I've discovered I can paste text into the 'comments' section of a FLAC file (using e.g. mp3tag software), and it shows up if I hit 'i' while on that track. but is it also possible to edit the general 'album information' field?

as a bonus: is there any known way to scrape album reviews (e.g. from Wikipedia 'critical reception' or elsewhere).

thanks a lot.
You can add info to www.TheAudioDB.com such as critical reception, it has a review field for that or in the main album description.

Then if you use the universal album scraper it will pulll this stuff down automatically Wink
true .. of course! Smile

thanks will try that Smile
The other route to adding album information is to create album.nfo files, but that is much less community spirited.

As for the comments tag, the data scanned from that tag for a song is available to skins and could be shown on any "songs" type display (not just the song info dialog), up to the skinners to do that (or maybe you can modify a skin for your own requirements).