Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help for a newbie trying to download please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI, I was hoping to get some help with downloading KODI, as I'm having trouble.

Here is where I am at:
Ive never used Kodi before
I have just bought a brand new gen 2 Amazon Fire stick
I've watched videos of how to install Kodi...

I have installed Es file explorer and gone into old builds
I selected android
I selected arm/
I have selected Kodi-17.1-Krypton-armeabl-v7a.apk

A box almost instantly appears (which takes a minute or so to happen in the tutorials I've watched) saying Download successfully. I click in this box open file...

This is where it varies from the video tutorials I have watched... A box appears asking me to select Es note editor or html viewer.... Neither of these seem to do anything.

The only evidence I can find of me having done anything is a file in the download tab of Es file explorer called mobile-step0.html

I am at a loss what to do... I can't seem to find any help online in relation to this problem. I'd be greatful of any assistance. Please speak to me like I'm dumb though as I am a novice, thanks
First, don't watch those videos about Kodi. Most of those people know very little about Kodi and will just end up leading you down the wrong path.

Second, don't use ES File Explore, it's just bloatware and usually just causes issues.

You can try this and see if it works better for you: http://www.aftvnews.com/downloader/