Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi stuck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've done an update to v17 and it just sticks on the logo screen and doesn't go any further. Any tips? I'm not very kodi savvy so as simple as possible please!Big Grin
You will need to create an Advanced Debug Log as detailed here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, member here can advise you on the problem.

Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.

Let us know if you have any problems with it.
The discussions thread is not for support. You need to post issues in the sub-thread appropriate to your OS.

Since you didn't mention what OS you have Kodi installed on, Moving to OS Independent.
(2017-04-20, 10:52)blossom24 Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to create an Advanced Debug Log as detailed here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, member here can advise you on the problem.

Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.

Let us know if you have any problems with it.

Apologies I'm really struggling with this. I can't even get Kodi to load to get to any screens for the debug log. When I turn my firestick on and press the kodi app it just brings up the logo and stays on that screen. There is nothing else for me to press.
(2017-04-20, 11:06)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]The discussions thread is not for support. You need to post issues in the sub-thread appropriate to your OS.

Since you didn't mention what OS you have Kodi installed on, Moving to OS Independent.

Apologies, I'm new to all this and have no idea what I'm doing!!
Quote:When I turn my firestick on

You really should have mentioned this in your first post. A moderator will move your thread again to the appropriate forum
(2017-04-20, 13:16)Ogers74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-20, 11:06)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]The discussions thread is not for support. You need to post issues in the sub-thread appropriate to your OS.

Apologies, I'm new to all this and have no idea what I'm doing!!

Not a problem, but you will only get the appropriate help if you post in the correct part of the forum.

As well, and in accordance to our Forum rules (wiki) which you agreed to when you signed up, you should be as detailed as possible when posting about issues.

Moved again, to Android.
Ogers74 have you tried force closing kodi via the installed applications menu on your firestick
as that is what I had to do for a friend force close then open from the same menu
hope this sorts it for you