Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not showing scanned NFS or SMB files in library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched Network library here and can't seem to find the answer to my question.

When I use OSX Kodi in the latest Sierra to browse SMB to my workgroup on my Synology DS416 Play and enter and save my username and password, I am able to find all my TV show files and Kodi even shows itself scanning the files in. I also tried this with a full NFS path and I get the same. However, no matter how many times Kodi scans the files using either SMB or NFS, as soon as I select "TV Shows" on the main menu, Kodi still says my library is empty and to go to the files section. Now, I can browse to the TV shows through the files section and watch them that way but they never show up in the library.

When I add TV shows that are on my local hard drive, they show up just fine, including the same very same files that wouldn't appear in the library from the network drives. Has anyone else had this problem?
Now I've managed to get one of the dozen shows to show up. All of them are .mkv and all are in subfolders so I'm not sure what's so special about one of them.
Have you read the wiki and have you followed the naming conventions?
I find it best to have a folder with the show name then season1 / season2 etc and name the files S01E01 <- for season 1 episode 1 etc.

Its time consuming but guarantees success when scanning into the library.

If this isnt your problem post a debug log (wiki) please.