Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC ProjectM OpenGL visualizations under Linux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Read on an old post that if you extract and paste all the .milk files from milkdrop into projectM you get more visualizations. Gave it a whirl and most of them seem to work pretty well although there are a few that don't. I was thinking of going down the list and figure out which one work and which ones use a ton of cpu. First I would like to implement some frame rate limiting though to drop the CPU usage since many of these came close to maxing out on my anthon 4400 X2. I saw some XML config files for visualizations under user data and made one for projectM but it looks like it doesn't read it. Just point me in the direction of some documentation and I could set up a visulizations pack for both high end and low end comps.
One thing to check - many of the XML files from XBOX XBMC have capital letters in them, try dropping any of those to lower case in file names and you MAY find that it reads the file correctly.
sry good idea BLKMGK but no joy. Perhaps projectM is not set up to even look for the xml like the others since it doesn't have one by default.
I also asked myself where i could change the resolution of the vis? I think it is too low for my 1280x720 desktop... This would be in the inexistent .xml, wouldn't it?
well you can't adjust the resolution from the config xml just controls the framerate and preset package and selection. Oh and how do you know what resolution it is running at. I'm running at 1280X1024 looks ok but you are probably might be stretched from a lower res.
Resurrecting this ancient thread.. Have there been like.. Any progress on this? I'd love to have the ProjectM/MilkDrop visualization effect on my XBMC Live install, to go with music, but I'm not sure how it is to be done, or if it even can be done..? Confused