Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Accessing EZeeCube External HDD remotely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I connected an 8TB Western Digital My Book to my EzeeCube after failing to have kodi not crashing when updating the library if it was a shared drive on the network (still does it, but that's another issue).

Currently I have FTP access to the 2TB drive that is inside the EzeeCube by logging in using the IP address, giving me access to /internal_disk/ezee/files, where the default media folders were, as well as some new ones I created. I also have it mapped as a network drive, but I can only see the original folders (Contacts, Movies, Music, Pictures, TVShows, Videos).

I would like to have FTP and/or network drive access to the Media folder on the external drive I connected to the EzeeCube so that I can add more content to it from my computer (I do not need access from outside my network). It is currently mounted in kodi as sdb1 (/media/sdb1/), but I do not know how to access it from outside kodi. I tried going through FTP, but I am limited in where I can go. Even with logging in as root, I cannot go above /internal_disk/.

Anyone more familiar with linux (which is basically everyone else on here), know how I can get remote access to this external drive?
I found the answer. For anyone else who is curious, the creator of EzeeCube made a tutorial video detailing the procedure.