Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-01-11, 09:50)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-10, 23:49)paokoutsa Wrote: [ -> ]Reinstalled the whole LibreElec distribution and started adding YeeMee addon. Installed it, rebooted, searched for the strip, found that successfully, rebooted and that's the error message in my log, just after booting Kodi:

02:38:56.079 T:1717564320 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: need more than 2 values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/service.py", line 1718, in <module>
Sunrise, Sunset, civilTW, nauticTW = byLoc()
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack
-->End of Python script error report<--
This doesn't help much, pleas post the whole log to pastebin. Again, as this works for several people, I can only came to conclusion that it is something with your system.   
 It was a fresh new log without other problems reported after reboot. DaLanik maybe indeed there was something with my system (that strangely disappeared afterwards) but have you checked if it works for other people (using LibreElec and RPi3) that are trying to make the initial configuration using ethernet?

Maybe it is crucial because once I have configured it using wifi interface, I can now use Ambi mode even when in ethernet interface.
(2018-01-11, 11:13)paokoutsa Wrote: [ -> ] It was a fresh new log without other problems reported after reboot. DaLanik maybe indeed there was something with my system (that strangely disappeared afterwards) but have you checked if it works for other people that are trying to make the initial configuration using ethernet?

Maybe it is crucial because once I have configured it using wifi interface, I can now use Ambi mode even when in ethernet interface. 
 As I said in previous post, I am on cable on my andoroid box and on wifi on my ultrabook and it works, no matter which connection. It is important that if you are on Wifi you use 2.4 Ghz Wifi and not 5 Gzh. If it is one of the chinese boxes, maybe the Wifi connection is not good and it just can't work because of speed problems etc. but I doubt it is addon problem.
(2018-01-11, 11:12)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]My Android box is on cable connection, and it works. But I am on the same segment of LAN, not in guest network etc. Are all your devices on the same network (bulbs, box, phone)?

I don't have any more ideas, it is strange it works but doesn't connect to the box for ambi. The only thing that comes to mind is testing via python server and telnet... but that would be complicated

Like I said, previously all were in same Network.
But after resetting the yeelights they couldnt find the normal network anymore, only Guest. So I connected them to Guest because its the same router/ip range anyway.
After opening the Guest network for intranet access, all is working fine. Even music mode in the app. Even if my phone is on the normal network. But ambilight is not working on my Windows HTPC (wired, normal network).

So, all devices are connected to the same router and in the same ip range 192.168.1.*
Only difference is that the strips are in Guest wifi network(so different SSID). I can perfectly see the strips active in my router.

Some things that come in mind for testing:
- try the addon on my phone, connected to either wifi networks (see if normal and/or guest work)
- try the addon with my libre elec device (amlogic box) with wifi, and later wired

If those wifi tests are succesfull, and the wired isnt, I could only pin it down to how my devices near TV are wired connected: through a switch and not direct to router.
Also checked VLAN settings (need those for WAN connection) and could maybe turn off those partly to still let WAN work.

But still, its strange if it is really that....
Hmm, hard to tell, but I'd still blame it on the guest network Smile
(2018-01-11, 11:54)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, hard to tell, but I'd still blame it on the guest network Smile
 That doesn't make sense, as they were connected with the normal network before I resetted them. Also, its the same router, same ip range etc. only different SSID. 
Back then I got the same results: everything worked from Kodi and domoticz, except for ambilight. I dont know if music mode worked with the app back then. 

Btw. could you maybe code something to prevent these things:
- When ambilight service is on and tested, but fails, Kodi cant exit properly. It tries to but crashes.
- When adding a bulb manually, and testing in the addon fails, the loading screen doesnt go away and thus you have to kill Kodi manually.
(2018-01-11, 11:58)plenkske Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-11, 11:54)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, hard to tell, but I'd still blame it on the guest network Smile
 That doesn't make sense, as they were connected with the normal network before I resetted them. Also, its the same router, same ip range etc. only different SSID. 
Back then I got the same results: everything worked from Kodi and domoticz, except for ambilight. I dont know if music mode worked with the app back then. 

Btw. could you maybe code something to prevent these things:
- When ambilight service is on and tested, but fails, Kodi cant exit properly. It tries to but crashes.
- When adding a bulb manually, and testing in the addon fails, the loading screen doesnt go away and thus you have to kill Kodi manually.     
 Well, exactly, because these two work differently; normal on/off etc control operations just send commands to the bulbs, while Ambi operation sets a server to accept connections and then tells the bulb to connect to this server. So the connection is "reversed". Maybe the bulb/strip CAN'T connect for whatever reason (guest network). I see no other explanation.

I am not sure what I can do if it fails - if it does, something is not right with connectivity and I am not sure I can do something about it from the addon Smile But I'll have a look.

Come to think of it - could you send me the log when the TESTING THE BULB fails, it could help pinpointing the location at which it stalls. Also, I think it doesn't matter whether you add the bulb manualy or by discovery, it fails at TEST.
(2018-01-11, 12:13)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Well, exactly, because these two work differently; normal on/off etc control operations just send commands to the bulbs, while Ambi operation sets a server to accept connections and then tells the bulb to connect to this server. So the connection is "reversed". Maybe the bulb/strip CAN'T connect for whatever reason (guest network). I see no other explanation.

But again, this happened both times. When strips connected to normal network, and now when they are connecte to guest. Exactly in the same way, exactly the same log.
Thats why I'm gonna do those other tests. I think the strips dont do things properly with my Windows HTPC, due to the way its connected (switch / vlan property).

(2018-01-11, 12:13)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure what I can do if it fails - if it does, something is not right with connectivity and I am not sure I can do something about it from the addon Smile But I'll have a look.

Come to think of it - could you send me the log when the TESTing fails, it could help pinpointing the location at which it stalls.

I posted that log here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2688992
Normal log and log when debugging is on.
(2018-01-11, 12:21)plenkske Wrote: [ -> ]I posted that log here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2688992
Normal log and log when debugging is on. 
 aha, OK, cool. It is expecting an answer from the bulb and doesn't get anything, that's why it crashes - I presumed it would get at least error from the bulb Wink This shouldn't be a problem to fix.
Hello !

First, sorry for my bad English.

I've go this configuration : 
TV LED LG 32"
Raspberry Pi3
OSMC Kodi (last version)
Lightstrip Xiaomi (up to date)
Yeemee plugin installed

The problem :
Amiblight is partially working :
When I launch a movie, at start it work fine, but in few minutes the colors of the light change every minutes not instantly... I don't understand why.

Thank you for your help
Hi, thanks for creating this addon! Unfortunately i also have  a problem using it.

Setup went fine, my single RGBW Yeelight bulb was detected, but using Ambilight results only in the lamp switching to a dark warm light without any changes.
Didn't setup any Play/Pause/Stop actions and my system is a RPi3 with the latest LibreElec. Bulb has LAN-mode activated and the Yeelight Android app works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!
(2018-01-11, 19:27)LeSpark Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for creating this addon! Unfortunately i also have  a problem using it.

Setup went fine, my single RGBW Yeelight bulb was detected, but using Ambilight results only in the lamp switching to a dark warm light without any changes.
Didn't setup any Play/Pause/Stop actions and my system is a RPi3 with the latest LibreElec. Bulb has LAN-mode activated and the Yeelight Android app works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!
 Read a couple of pages back, there is Ambi test option. Also try playing with video playback settings - disable accelleration etc.
@"DaLanik"  great news ! Ambilight from the Windows HTPC is finally working !

First I changed a few small things in my router, which is better in general so thats fine.
Wasn't the solution though. Did keep an eye on some logging in the router.

Then I tried with Kodi on my phone. So its wireless. At first it didnt work fully, but when turning off hardware acceleration it did ! On both my wifi networks !

So, I figured out it must be something in the Windows HTPC, or in the network. Checked some things and finally checked internet options in Windows... and then I saw it... the ethernet connection was set to 'Public' profile and thus other devices in the private network cant reach it.
OMFG so stupid and embarrassing, but an easy solution ofcourse... set it to private and ofcourse ambilight works !!! 

Ambilight really is looking great !
Thanks for this addon, thanks for the help and suggestions.
(2018-01-11, 23:04)plenkske Wrote: [ -> ]@"DaLanik"  great news ! Ambilight from the Windows HTPC is finally working !

First I changed a few small things in my router, which is better in general so thats fine.
Wasn't the solution though. Did keep an eye on some logging in the router.

Then I tried with Kodi on my phone. So its wireless. At first it didnt work fully, but when turning off hardware acceleration it did ! On both my wifi networks !

So, I figured out it must be something in the Windows HTPC, or in the network. Checked some things and finally checked internet options in Windows... and then I saw it... the ethernet connection was set to 'Public' profile and thus other devices in the private network cant reach it.
OMFG so stupid and embarrassing, but an easy solution ofcourse... set it to private and ofcourse ambilight works !!! 

Ambilight really is looking great !
Thanks for this addon, thanks for the help and suggestions.
 Had to be something with the network Smile
(2018-01-11, 13:35)dudu78 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello !

First, sorry for my bad English.

I've go this configuration : 
TV LED LG 32"
Raspberry Pi3
OSMC Kodi (last version)
Lightstrip Xiaomi (up to date)
Yeemee plugin installed

The problem :
Amiblight is partially working :
When I launch a movie, at start it work fine, but in few minutes the colors of the light change every minutes not instantly... I don't understand why.

Thank you for your help
 Strange, but probably not Addon issue. Check your network. Log would be useful.
I guess this is still not working for linux??
I get it to turn the lights on and off and all the testing work but when i play anything nothing happens.
I turned off hardware accelerations and still nothing.