Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah okay, you're right. I misjudged it. I thought the strip would be capable of producing similar result to ambiclone. Guess I was wrong. Time to return it.

Thanks!
v4.52
- United version for Kodi 17.x and 18.x

This is a try to make it work on both Kodi 17 and 18....

TEST repo! Use only for test purposes!
Hi, is this plugin working with yeelight ceiling light Yeelight YLXD01YL? I have tried it yesterday on amlogic box but no luck. I'm using kodi leia beta 1. Should I revert back to krypton 17.6? What is the name of this light in plugin settings? Thank you
ceiling light Yeelight YLXD01YL doesn't have color! So if it works, it only works for on/off/brightness, not for ambilight.

Just run discovery. And remember to turn on LAN mode in the yeelight app!!!!
Hi there, yes I was aware if that from the start. My question is what lamp type I have to select inside the plugin settings? Does it work on version 18 leia beta 1? Tried it yesterday and it didn't work.
As I said, if you have developer mode (or LAN mode) enabled, it should find them via discovery. If not, you need to put IP adress. I don't support nor test on alpha versions of Kodi. Who knows what will change until stable. But it should work, IMHO. Read 1st post in this topic, everything is there. Even videos.
ok no problem thanks for your reply, ill check on kodi stable kodi.
Hi there, unfortunately ceiling light doesn't work with your plugin but normal colout yeelight does work. just tried it. Let me know if you'd like to see log and perhaps if you'd like to work on the issue I can test it. I'm on kodi 17.6. Thank you

edit: 
@"DaLanik" 
ignore me. no idea why but lan mode wasn't enabled on that light.

question - ceiling light has got a moon mode - do you think you can implement it within your plugin?

thank you
I just tested my ceiling 650 (id is ceiling4) a bit different but it worked. I am pretty sure ceiling2 should work too.

Also tested on alpha 3 and beta 3 and discovery worked... so I suppose everything else should too Smile

As for moon mode... huh... yea, everything is possible but would make config even worse nightmare Smile Smile
Hi, thanks once again. If you would ever consider doing so - that would be great. Thank you
Hi, I have Mi box 3 (xiaomi) and yeelight strip. I'm using kodi krypton 17.6 on my box. Plugin (4.5.0) see my strip,works for on/off. But doesn't have color, only white color on the strip, when you start or end work with kodi.
When I start test I have ok, and then white color on the strip.
Can you please help? Thanks.
Read the 1st post.... Smile
Been a long time since this was mentioned, but I finally decided to do something about it... As you might not know, but Yeelight 650 ceiling light has AMBI light (color) but it doesn't support music mode (which is used in this addon). That means there is no way to rapidly change colors, as Yeelights are limited to 60 commands per minute, except when in music mode.

This is first alpha of Ambi on Yeelight Ceiling 650.... Smile Not as fast as other bulbs/stripe but at least it works...

v4.53 in TEST repo:

- Changes for Kodi v18 beta 3
- United version for Kodi 17.x and 18.x
- Experimental support for Ceiling 650
- Typos fixed in language files
The yeelight app has a white mode for my color bulb which is a lot brighter and better than using #ffffff on rgb mode. Can you maybe enable that mode when I use #ffffff in the settings?