Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I correct to assume it is not working on kodi leia 18.x?

The yeemee app finds my lights, but a lot of options are not in the app. The capturing is not working, when i look at my kodi/cache/temp folder.  Also when disabling the harware render etc.

Please do tell me, so i can stop searching on how to get it work. Thanks in advance.
(2020-01-25, 00:32)jinux Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct to assume it is not working on kodi leia 18.x?

The yeemee app finds my lights, but a lot of options are not in the app. The capturing is not working, when i look at my kodi/cache/temp folder.  Also when disabling the harware render etc.

Please do tell me, so i can stop searching on how to get it work. Thanks in advance.

The config is not working due to bug in Leia. Nothing I can do about it until Kodi developers fix it. But there is a way around it - configure it in Kodi v17 and copy the config to Kodi v18....
Ok thanks i'll try that. Any idea where the bug in Leia is related to?
Ok i installed kodi 17.6 on a laptop, put the app on it, and it seems to work, great. Then i got to kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.yeemee and copy the file to my kodi 18 pc.
But nothing happens, check that hardware is off in video. Played same video when testing. Is there anything else i am forgetting or should be doing ? Thanks in advance.
(2020-01-25, 16:52)jinux Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thanks i'll try that. Any idea where the bug in Leia is related to?
I wrote about it couple of pages back in this thread.
Hello, and thank you for your work, what have you done it's outstanding!

And I've got question, running kodi 17.6 + yeestrip

- the app recognizes and finds led strip
- on test, strip just turns ON in one color and that's all

in video it just turns on and thats all. I just can't understand where in settings I'm doing wrong, maybe any ideas how to set it working?
(2020-01-25, 23:52)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, and thank you for your work, what have you done it's outstanding!

in video it just turns on and thats all. I just can't understand where in settings I'm doing wrong, maybe any ideas how to set it working?
well just tried to play low res *.avi, and it worked, but with 4k mkv, remux and so on it doesn't work? or am I done something wrong?
(2020-01-26, 00:29)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-25, 23:52)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, and thank you for your work, what have you done it's outstanding!

well just tried to play low res *.avi, and it worked, but with 4k mkv, remux and so on it doesn't work? or am I done something wrong? 

I have to admin I never played 4k... max 1080p. This addon relies on Kodi's internal function to grab screen, so probably this function doesn't work with 4K files (just a guess)....
(2020-01-26, 13:02)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-26, 00:29)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]

I have to admin I never played 4k... max 1080p. This addon relies on Kodi's internal function to grab screen, so probably this function doesn't work with 4K files (just a guess).... 
strange, but so long as I tested it, it works only with avi? no mp4, mkv, m2ts etc. support? it looks like it's not working with them either they are 1080p or 480p :/
(2020-01-26, 19:04)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-26, 13:02)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-26, 00:29)mexikanec Wrote: [ -> ]well just tried to play low res *.avi, and it worked, but with 4k mkv, remux and so on it doesn't work? or am I done something wrong?  

strange, but so long as I tested it, it works only with avi? no mp4, mkv, m2ts etc. support? it looks like it's not working with them either they are 1080p or 480p :/ 

That's strange, I think somebody would have noticed that by now Smile Anyways, if it really doesn't, it's up to Kodi's RenderCapture function.
Why does the ambi thing not work with my vpn turned on? Everything works on my local network with vpn on, why not this? Is it connecting to some server outside my home for the ambi ? I like to be potected by my vpn and at the same time use the yeemee feature, is that possible ?

I noticed if i stop my vpn, start the video the ambi starts working. Then turn on the vpn while playing the video it keeps working. So it should be able to work while vpn is on, right?
(2019-11-15, 10:03)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-15, 08:25)DeadDuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-14, 18:49)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]That's logical, if you use VPN, your IP address changes and it is no longer in the local network.... Maybe Yeelight app works through cloud....  

Yes, but is there any way to make it work?  

Not as far as I know... that is just the way bulbs work. you can't control them if your PC is on a different network (that is why it is called LAN control in Yeelight app) Smile 
But, my PC is in the same LAN as my bulbs, they have the same 192.168.1.x address and i can get to all my other devices in the LAN when my vpn is on from the pc where the vpn is at. Isn't that strange?
(2020-01-28, 10:05)jinux Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that strange?

VPNs are not Kodi's main concern as per our VPN policy. In fact it doesn't need one to work properly.
Anything not working when a VPN is connected is basically not our problem.

I suggest re-checking both firewall and VPN setups.
Well it is definitely the issue with VPN.... Try without VPN, and if it works.... Smile
(2020-01-28, 10:21)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-28, 10:05)jinux Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that strange?

VPNs are not Kodi's main concern as per our VPN policy. In fact it doesn't need one to work properly.
Anything not working when a VPN is connected is basically not our problem.

I suggest re-checking both firewall and VPN setups.  

I understand the vpn policy of kodi, i understand it works without a vpn. But i have the right to use a vpn, and even the united nations recommends european internet users to use a vpn. It is not forbidden to use one is it? I am not a criminal, i am not using any illegal addons or do illegal stuff, i am just very privacy aware. And i hope it is not forbidden to ask questions about why this addon, -not kodi-,  is not working with my vpn on. I am just curious how to make the addon work with respect to my privacy. That's all, i do not think i am the only one. But Kodi is the best, i have been using it, from the beginning on my xbox, the first, black box with the green X. So i just hope it is ok to ask the question and see if there is a way to make it work, it seems it uses my LAN, so there must be a way. And if you are offended in any way by me and my questions about vpn, or do not want me to ask these questions, just, please say so, i'll understand and stop questioning and using the addon. No harm done, i can imagine your point, that kodi is not responsible.