Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-04-04, 19:59)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I'd need the whole log to tell what is going on. The second error seems irrelevant, you just don't have some addon.

So it works in normal mode on start/on end etc but not Ambi? did you try hardware acceleration? Read 1st page of the topic it is explained there. 

So I spend almost the whole day trying to find out what's failing and I found 2 issues, I've managed to fix the first one, but not the second one (yet).

1. My Kodi has multiple network interfaces, so the 'get_ip()' function was binding the add-on to a wrong interface.
2. It looks like 'capture.getImage()' on raspberry Pi 4 captures gibberish instead of the actual frame, hence Ambi doesn't work.

Yes, ON/OFF (White) works fine. Also when I stop media it changes colour to (Red) fine, it's just Ambi that doesn't work on Pi.

Would you have any suggestions?

btw. v17 config on v18 running on my MacBook PRO works fine, but not on Pi, so I'm guessing it's hardware related or the way how Pi displays the video
(2020-04-04, 20:40)gumis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-04, 19:59)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]I'd need the whole log to tell what is going on. The second error seems irrelevant, you just don't have some addon.

So it works in normal mode on start/on end etc but not Ambi? did you try hardware acceleration? Read 1st page of the topic it is explained there. 

So I spend almost the whole day trying to find out what's failing and I found 2 issues, I've managed to fix the first one, but not the second one (yet).

1. My Kodi has multiple network interfaces, so the 'get_ip()' function was binding the add-on to a wrong interface.
2. It looks like 'capture.getImage()' on raspberry Pi 4 captures gibberish instead of the actual frame, hence Ambi doesn't work.

Yes, ON/OFF (White) works fine. Also when I stop media it changes colour to (Red) fine, it's just Ambi that doesn't work on Pi.

Would you have any suggestions?

btw. v17 config on v18 running on my MacBook PRO works fine, but not on Pi, so I'm guessing it's hardware related or the way how Pi displays the video 

Good. Now, is there hardware acceleration on Pi? It usually is on Android but I'm not familiar with Pi... This causes bad captures.
(2020-04-04, 22:53)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Good. Now, is there hardware acceleration on Pi? It usually is on Android but I'm not familiar with Pi... This causes bad captures. 

Hi DaLanik,

I've tried disabling MMAL hardware acceleration under System > Player, but that didn't make any difference.
(2020-04-05, 11:18)gumis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-04, 22:53)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]Good. Now, is there hardware acceleration on Pi? It usually is on Android but I'm not familiar with Pi... This causes bad captures. 

Hi DaLanik,

I've tried disabling MMAL hardware acceleration under System > Player, but that didn't make any difference. 

Unfortunately, Capture function is built in Kodi and there's nothing I can do. It either works or it doesn't and YeeMee addon is relying on it...
OK, been playing with Python 3 version since they fixed the PIL library... seems to mee it's working. Anyone with latest Aplha with Python 3 can try it out in my Python 3 repo....

regards
D.
Hello,

Thank you for the addon. I am using the Color 1S bulbs with Kodi 18.6. Will these bulbs always be a washed-out white color on dark scenes? (I am streaming video btw) Also is there a way to make the light a bit more dim while playing? I have brightness bias setting at 0. Thanks guys
(2020-04-22, 05:05)9millygilly Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you for the addon. I am using the Color 1S bulbs with Kodi 18.6. Will these bulbs always be a washed-out white color on dark scenes? (I am streaming video btw) Also is there a way to make the light a bit more dim while playing? I have brightness bias setting at 0. Thanks guys

Unfortunately no. 1st version of the addon used to turn the bulb OFF with black scenes, but Yeelight changed the API specification and now it is not possible.... Sad
hi guys,

what should I do to work it on my sony xf9005 android tv ?

I tried several versions but no luck until now. All my success was turn on the lights starting with the video but thats all, no ambi.

I just tried it with my surface tablet pc and it worked at least.

What is your suggestion for my tv?
(2020-04-21, 17:05)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]OK, been playing with Python 3 version since they fixed the PIL library... seems to mee it's working. Anyone with latest Aplha with Python 3 can try it out in my Python 3 repo....

regards
D.
Hi,

I just installed the last version kodi-20200510-20a70342-master-armeabi-v7a.apk (amlogic box), and updated the addon version to 5.00.
Now the Ambi Service is not working at all, and even the turn on\off isn't working.
I tried to disable the hardware aceleration and got the same results.
I also checked that the discovery bulbs is not working.
With the last stables versions of kodi and YeeMee the AmbiService worked without the hardware aceleration.
How can I help you to go foward with this?
(2020-05-12, 01:06)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-21, 17:05)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]OK, been playing with Python 3 version since they fixed the PIL library... seems to mee it's working. Anyone with latest Aplha with Python 3 can try it out in my Python 3 repo....

regards
D.
Hi,

I just installed the last version kodi-20200510-20a70342-master-armeabi-v7a.apk (amlogic box), and updated the addon version to 5.00.
Now the Ambi Service is not working at all, and even the turn on\off isn't working.
With the last stables versions of kodi and YeeMee the AmbiService worked without the hardware aceleration.
+ Some Error found in kodi.log
https://paste.kodi.tv/qenagitota.kodi
(2020-05-12, 01:18)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 01:06)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]

regards
D.
Hi,

Seems it can't find PIL library. You both are using Linux? I tested it on Windows and it works....
(2020-05-12, 08:24)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 01:18)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 01:06)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Seems it can't find PIL library. You both are using Linux? I tested it on Windows and it works.... 

I'm using the Android OS!
Should I report the missing PIL library somewhere  (regarding the Kodi version)?
(2020-05-12, 11:16)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 08:24)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-12, 01:18)s3Pol87 Wrote: [ -> ]+ Some Error found in kodi.log

I'm using the Android OS!
Should I report the missing PIL library somewhere  (regarding the Kodi version)? 

I think there is something wrong with your install. It happened to me to on my other PC where I didn't update Kodi ALPHA for a long time, it reported some dependencies invalid. I now uninstalled and installed Kodi again and all went fine. you must have some old dependencies installed or similar...

D.
Hi,

i installed the yeemee to raspberry pi 4B with Librelec and Kodi Leia 18.6. I found afterwards this thread - so if I good understand the settings are problematics in Leaia. But when I open the settings everything seems ok?.. I installed kodi 17.6 on PC to test the funcionality and I get only one blick to one colour when i turn on video and when i stopped it / switch off the led. I am using LED strip v 2. the strip is normally found by yeemee, hardware acceleration is switch off in raspberry pi and also on PC. On Pi is the behaviour same than on PC - one colour change and turn off light when stoping video. During test through the application - same behaviour only one color change. What do you need for files?
(2020-05-17, 22:48)mirecko2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

i installed the yeemee to raspberry pi 4B with Librelec and Kodi Leia 18.6. I found afterwards this thread - so if I good understand the settings are problematics in Leaia. But when I open the settings everything seems ok?.. I installed kodi 17.6 on PC to test the funcionality and I get only one blick to one colour when i turn on video and when i stopped it / switch off the led. I am using LED strip v 2. the strip is normally found by yeemee, hardware acceleration is switch off in raspberry pi and also on PC. On Pi is the behaviour same than on PC - one colour change and turn off light when stoping video. During test through the application - same behaviour only one color change. What do you need for files?

It seems OK, but you can't open the subcategories of the settings in Leia... You need either 17.x or New kodi 19 alpha (it is fixed there)