Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, i finally received my bulbs.

i installed the first one trying to configure it with kodi.

the only thing that is working is when kodi starts.... it turns my bulb on. i can't make it work with ambilight. i am running windows 8 and kodi 17

any ideas? and yes developer mode is on
What Kodi version?

Is the Ambi function turned on?

Is the timer set to on (hours when active)?

Is the disable for short films off?

Post log.
what i found out is that when you have the ambi smooth to 0ms in the options... it is not working. if you change it to something else. then it is working.

quick question, can we set the brightness to each bulb for the ambilight? or at least a general brightness? i find it to be too bright

also! i played some movies where there were dark scenes (black etc) and then the bulbs stop working. it is fine as long as there are colors on the tv, but when black comes up.... it stops working
(2017-07-11, 15:57)TeDeV Wrote: [ -> ]what i found out is that when you have the ambi smooth to 0ms in the options... it is not working. if you change it to something else. then it is working.

quick question, can we set the brightness to each bulb for the ambilight? or at least a general brightness? i find it to be too bright

also! i played some movies where there were dark scenes (black etc) and then the bulbs stop working. it is fine as long as there are colors on the tv, but when black comes up.... it stops working

Strange. I'll have to test it.

Yes, when brightness is loer than 5% it turns the bulb off... that I suppose is ok? Or you mean it never turns it on again?
Hey,

I don't know what happened, but after a dark scene (when the lights turn off) does not turn on, even a very bright scenes.

Honestly I didn't used for a while, and today when we planned to watch a movie this issue happened.

I updated the yeelight app (there was an update available), I don't know if that matter.
To tell the truth, I only tested it with Ambilight test videos Smile Will take a look.
The YeeMee version is 2.9 and with 2.7 worked fine
yeap i can confirm that the ambilight is not working properly. turn on - turn off is fine but the ambilight not.

strange thing is that when i set it to ambilight and i start the movie, the bulb goes white for 1 sec and then turns off.

when it did work for a bit, a few hours ago, when there was a dark scene, the bulb was going off and then never back on
That's weird, there were no changes at all to ambi portion of the code between these 2 versions... Do you stil have 2.7 to check?
(2017-07-11, 22:01)TeDeV Wrote: [ -> ]yeap i can confirm that the ambilight is not working properly. turn on - turn off is fine but the ambilight not.

strange thing is that when i set it to ambilight and i start the movie, the bulb goes white for 1 sec and then turns off.

when it did work for a bit, a few hours ago, when there was a dark scene, the bulb was going off and then never back on

Log would help. Turning on and off most probably means it is crashing.
can you tell me how to provide you with a log?

and do you have 2.7? because i just received the bulbs today and downloaded the repo today
here is the log file

send by pm
ha!!!! i found it DaLanik!!!

it is the black scenes!!! when a movie starts it has a black scene as an intro..... so the bulb starts for a second then sees that it is black and turns off so the bulb never starts again with the movie....

IF you start a movie and move like 5 minutes further and stop the movie.... then ....if you start the movie again the ambilight is working just fine. the entire problem is the command you send at the dark scenes.

hope i helped
Thanx, I'll definitely have a look Smile